Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

A Synopsis Of Me.

new member rape abuse confused

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sarahenya369

sarahenya369
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

A while ago I was involved with a similar site called RYL; Recover Your Life. It's a great site, but it's about self harm mostly, and since I haven't even thought about my past addiction in 3 years, it's not really fulfilling my needs anymore. What I need now is to learn how to trust again. I need to learn how to enjoy sex, now that I have someone who makes me happy and treats me properly. Though I have enjoyed sex with my boyfriend of a year and a half, I still shut down and hit a wall way more than I want to. I had a line of abusive and bad relationships after my rape at 14, and I've done a lot of healing, but I can't do everything on my own. I've come so far from the girl who wouldn't speak to anyone and go into a mental fetal position for an hour at a time, to the person who can accurately describe what she's feeling in real time, but it doesn't mean I can chose what to feel. I need a push to continue moving on and to be ok with consensual sex with someone who loves me that I love too. 

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to combing the forums in my spare time. 

-Sarahenya

#2 ViciousCirce

ViciousCirce
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

I would say you are in the right place then. Welcome :)

#3 sarahenya369

sarahenya369
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

This might be a silly question, but how can I get to the chat room? I can't find it!

#4 ViciousCirce

ViciousCirce
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

It should just be along a bar at the top. It should be right beside the "Forums" tag. If not...I think you might need to have 10 posts before you can access it? Not sure about that though, I might have made that up :P

#5 ViciousCirce

ViciousCirce
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Ya I just checked with a Moderator. You need 10 posts and then they'll give you permission to access chat

#6 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hi sarahyena,

welcome to AS, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here and I am here if you need any assistance with any aspect of the board.,

well done for reaching out to us, hope you find peace and healing here

take care, Paula :hi:

#7 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, member, rape, abuse, confused