Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I Think I Need Some Help, Or A Release.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LostSoul90

LostSoul90
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hello

I am having a hard time lately. I don't want to say too much here about my situatiion but I am a survivor of a violent R. It was 12 years ago, although I'm sure we all know years don't take away the scars.

I have recently been a victim, again. It has really shattered me inside.

I'm hopeing I can get some things out here and get some support.

#2 lostandfoundbox

lostandfoundbox
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

I hope you find the support you need on AS.

Hugs if okay.

#3 sisterinsurvival

sisterinsurvival
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Dear LostSoul,

I'm so sorry for what you've experienced and that you are struggling. You're very right in saying that time doesn't remove the scars, but hopefully, they do fade with time. This new situation that has occurred surely has reawakened those past memories.

I'm grateful you've found After Silence to use as a resource in your journey to life beyond what you've endured. I know it's meant much to me in my own recovery. To begin to build that support group you mentioned, I would suggest replying to others' posts in the Welcome forum and becoming acquainted with others who are just starting on their After Silence journey. Some of the bonds I built in this way during my first few months here sustain me even to this day as those people have become friends and mentors in my life even to this day.

Please feel free to message me with questions regarding the forums or if you need assistance in some other way.

Take good care and gentle hugs,
Your Sister in Survival
Newbie Support Team Member

#4 Tangle

Tangle

angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.

• 432 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

This is a wonderful place for dealing with terrible things. First place I have ever felt safe enough to share details, and not regretted it later. So sorry you have reasons to be here, but so glad you found us and won't have to suffer alone!

#5 silentg

silentg
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Welcome to AS, I am sorry for what you have been through, and that you are struggling so much right now.  AS is a very supportive place, I hope you will find some comfort here. Wishing you peace, G

#6 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found