Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi There

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stephmari1994

stephmari1994
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

It has been 3 years now and I have only just started accepting what happened. There are days when it is all I remember, hearing my protests. I feel stupid and ashamed I denyed it for so long and made myself believe that he did nothing wrong, that it was my fault.

#2 sisterinsurvival

sisterinsurvival
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Welcome to After Silence, Stephmari!

Gentle hugs...please never feel ashamed of the process of recovery you're going through. It's okay. We all progress at our own pace. I took longer. It was eight years before I even acknowledged that my abuse was just that, abuse; That realization began to occur after a major loss in my life. It's been eight more years, and I still have my struggles though I'm grateful for the progress I've made through much hard work. After Silence has been a safe, supportive, and understanding place to come when I've struggled with my walk down the path to life after the silence.

If you need assistance with the forums or have any questions, please message me.

Take good care,
Your Sister in Survival
Newbie Support Team Member

#3 janepp

janepp
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hey welcome to as! Im sorry you have been struggling for so long, I blamed myself too at first, but it was not out fault! :hug:  :hug: I hope you find lots of support and understanding here!! please take care, hope too see you around the bored! :)

Janepp

#4 stephmari1994

stephmari1994
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thanks, been reading the posts from everyone and I'm glad I found this page, I'm so relieved I'm not alone with this. I'm finally starting to realise there is some hope, just seeing all this, and I can finally talk about it. It's been tough coming to terms with it,, but reading through the posts help me know I did nothing wrong :)

#5 sisterinsurvival

sisterinsurvival
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

😃 I'm glad it's making a difference!

#6 bird347

bird347
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

hey stephmari, it took me a two years to even realize what happened - that it wasn't my fault, and he was responsible - and another year between realizing 'something bad happened' to really recognizing what it was, and its been a long road since, so i can definitely relate to what you are feeling. that said, please know it does lift a little, and that there is so much support and kindness available to you, and you are deserving of that. xo. 

#7 janepp

janepp
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Im really glad this site is helping you!! ((hugs))

#8 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found