Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kiralyna

Kiralyna

Love can't be taken, only given.

• 440 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

Hi,

I am new here. And also kind of scared. This is my first time on this kind of forums. But I am happy I found this place. I hope I will find some comfort here and also offer some in return.

Safe hugs for everyone,

Kira

#2 sisterinsurvival

sisterinsurvival
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hi Kira,

I'm glad you found After Silence, and I would like to officially say "Welcome." Taking that first step here can be frightening, but as you get to know other new members, I believe it will become a source of support and healing. I remember reading those "Welcome" forum posts so long ago. I didn't realize then how important it was to develop relationships with those other new members who were just beginning their After Silence journey. Seven plus years later, some of those people have become friends and are a part of my healing support system. I'm grateful for each of them!

Take good care,
Your Sister in Survival
Newbie Support Team Member

Edited by sisterinsurvival, 04 July 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#3 Kiralyna

Kiralyna

• 440 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

Thank you for the warm welcoming. I hope I will be able to become a part of this forum. I need it. I need to be somewhere where people just understand without too much explanation.

Hugs.

#4 sisterinsurvival

sisterinsurvival
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

You're welcome, and they will understand. 🌷

#5 janepp

janepp
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

Hey welcome to AS!! This is a very understanding place, I hope you find lots of support here!! Take care, ((hugs)) if ok!!

Janepp

#6 Kiralyna

Kiralyna

• 440 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

Hi Janepp and thank you. I really need some hugs.

Be safe,

Kira

#7 stephmari1994

stephmari1994
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hi Kira,

There is a lot of helpful information here and amazing supportive person. Just reading posts gives me hope, when I thought all hope was lost this page came into my life.

Hugs

StephMari

#8 janepp

janepp
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Your Welcome! Take care, ((hugs))

Janepp

#9 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found