Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ok Finally Going Ahead With This..

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Alex97

Alex97
  • M. Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm Alexander. I'm 16. 

I lost my mother last january.. Lost my twinbrother march 2012.. 

I'm living in fostercare now with my sister wich is going pretty well.

Reason i'm here is because of the abuse in the past by my father and some other people.

Ive tried to ignore this stuff but i cant no more. 

I joined a while ago but never did anything with it but yeh now im here i guess.. 

Hoping to find some help and acceptance i guess.

:S

#2 onewoman365

onewoman365
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hi Alexander :)  I'm so glad you're not ignoring this.  I ignored my issues for many, many years and it only hurt me more.  I think you'll find this a very welcoming and supportive place.  I just found it a month or two ago and it's been a lifeline.  I thought I was all alone in this situation.  Then I saw there were something like 28,000 members.  Which just amazed me.  First, because that's horrible that there are so many.  But more importantly, there are so many caring people who truly understand what we've been through.  Welcome, and I hope you find some peace.   :bighug:

#3 EmmyCGirl

EmmyCGirl
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Welcome Alexander!  I am glad to hear that foster care with your sister is going well.  I hope you find the support and healing you are looking for here. 

#4 Alex97

Alex97
  • M. Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

thanks!

#5 Dean

Dean

Male Survivor

• M. Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hi Alex,

Nice to meet you, so sorry to hear of the losses you have had and the situation you are in, but good for you for deciding you want to deal with it, i hope you find all the support you need. you are certainly not alone in this.

Dean.

#6 janepp

janepp
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

Hi Alexandra, Hope you find lots of support here at AS, welcome!!

Janepp

#7 izzyjay

izzyjay
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

I am new at this, I believe this is very important to my recovery.  Thank you After the silence for being here. sincerely izzy  

#8 izzyjay

izzyjay
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hi Alex,

You are so brave, I am a lot older then you. I have had therapy for the abuses and a rape that I experienced in the past.I have a lot of work that I must do for the sake of my self others like us that need to come out of the silence.I have come to understand that I need to reach out and  to help others to heal and share our experience strength and hope.This is the only way to come out of the shadows of silence.This will help others to feel empowered to speak out  and give voice. This I believe is my given mission.

I have been running away from for year I Have PTSD. This all way is a lingering reminder that I still have to reach out and communicate with other survivors in recover.My best friends father was molesting the boys in choir and my friend and her siblings. I was raped in my late 20's then Married a perpetrator/also a victims of teenage sexual abuse he could not embrace recovery and was abusive to me and my 2 children. I pulled out when they were very young and latter found out that it was  not soon enough.

The authorities where involved. I moved to another state were some of my family was. I then was able to report everything and then all of us were in therapy/ social workers to help us through this painful experience. I did not make things more difficult by finding a replacement father because I was afraid I would just end up with an other abuser. So I have lived and been raising my 2 children on my own  I am divorced 8 year no contact for 10. I pray that he will find recovery.

I have done every thing I could do to make sure they never have contact with their father so I live half way across the country. They are all most 18 many thing I made sure of they went through therapy when the were young and I see know they may have to face it all again for thier  to have a deeper recovery. I am in so much pain about the whole thing. i do not want them to unconsciously act out and hurt them selves as adults because of thier past abuse. I am not sure how to help them in thier recovery as youg adults. I am still feeling like it is not enough. I just want them to have a better future them my past. Keep pushing forward. Sincerely Issyjay

Edited by izzyjay, 03 July 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#9 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found