Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi, New Here But Taken A While To Post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hurt1979

hurt1979
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Hi everyone,

I am quite nervous and scared to start to share.  I have been a member for a few years now, do to a past history of bad things happening to me.  Unfortunately I am now in a position where I need help and support with newer current bad event.  I don't know where to start to explain my past and current situation.  I have a counselor who knows about the past but doesn't yet know about the current situation/event.  Looking for support.

#2 Tangle

Tangle

angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.

• 408 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Here to support you, Hurt. Hope you are safe now!

#3 janepp

janepp
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Welcome to AS, Here to support you! I hope you will feel safe here!

Janepp

#4 sunshinee

sunshinee
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hi Hurt1979,

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. My job is to help you settle in and answer any questions that you may have.

How do you feel now? I understand how you feel...I felt like that too when I first joined..or even opened up about everything. I hope you can find the support and comfort here, that this place has given me. 

Mandy

#5 goodfaith23

goodfaith23
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hi hurt1979,

I am in your position as well -- been a member since March but didn't post here until June. I had been struggling with events that happened to me awhile back but when another situation occurred in early March, I sought out online support. I finally came across AS and joined mostly because I had exhausted any other outlet I had (can't/won't talk to friends, don't have a therapist, etc.) and although I have only posted a few times, it is a liberating feeling. I hope you find solace here!

#6 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.
I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found