Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, New Here But Taken A While To Post

Hi everyone,

I am quite nervous and scared to start to share. I have been a member for a few years now, do to a past history of bad things happening to me. Unfortunately I am now in a position where I need help and support with newer current bad event. I don't know where to start to explain my past and current situation. I have a counselor who knows about the past but doesn't yet know about the current situation/event. Looking for support.

Hi Hurt1979,

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. My job is to help you settle in and answer any questions that you may have.

How do you feel now? I understand how you feel...I felt like that too when I first joined..or even opened up about everything. I hope you can find the support and comfort here, that this place has given me.

Mandy

Hi hurt1979,

I am in your position as well -- been a member since March but didn't post here until June. I had been struggling with events that happened to me awhile back but when another situation occurred in early March, I sought out online support. I finally came across AS and joined mostly because I had exhausted any other outlet I had (can't/won't talk to friends, don't have a therapist, etc.) and although I have only posted a few times, it is a liberating feeling. I hope you find solace here!

• 8 months later...

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.
I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found