Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Not A Day Goes By...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 goodfaith23

goodfaith23
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

....that i dont think about it. its been two and a half years. for the first year and a half i refused to admit that what happened was actually what happened. i dont talk about my feelings good or bad usually so just typing this makes me feel sort of childish and pathetic. but i need to put my thoughts somewhere. ive never been good at keeping a diary. but sometimes i feel like i just need to write things down. id say dealing with it has gotten easier in that my hurting has become dull, but to say that it affects my relationships with others would be a monumental understatement.

#2 janepp

janepp
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

I understand goodfaith, there's not a day that goes by where it doesn't cross my mind also. I know that it can get easier in time ... I also don't talk much only on AS but writing really does help! You are not childish or pathetic, not at all!! I know how hard all this is!! Keep writing it will help you sort through your feelings!!

Take care,

Janepp

#3 EmmyCGirl

EmmyCGirl
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hi Goodfaith, I know what you mean, and I am sorry for what you are going through.  I also am always thinking that enough time has passed, and I should be over it; but then I remind myself to try to be kinder and more understanding with myself.  Anyway, I hope you are finding the support you need, and I am here with you.

#4 goodfaith23

goodfaith23
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

thank you for your responses. this was my first post on here and since then i have been enjoying the support of this site. i have made a few posts since this one and it really does feel better to share bits of my story. i just wanted to share that i was on vacation last week and as vacations always are, it was a very relaxing break with two of my best friends. but not only was it physically relaxing, it was mentally relaxing. when i returned home and fell into a normal routine yesterday, i realized that it was the first day all week that the events of my past had crossed my mind. i couldn't help but smile at that and be hopeful that there will be days ahead where i won't think about it - and maybe it won't just be when i'm on vacation!

#5 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

I understand how you feel.

thank you for sharing with us.

Found