Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi

Reintroduction

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EmmyCGirl

EmmyCGirl
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hi Everyone - I was on AS before, but I had to re-register with the upgrades that were done.  And then it took my awhile to gain the...confidence, initiative, courage...I'm not sure exactly what, again.  Anyway, I am happy to be back.  I need a better, more supportive place on the internet.  I tend to read stories/news on the internet (like the Serena Williams' comments from yesterday) and get really obsessed and wrapped up in everything in a more or less destructive way.  So, I'm happy to be back here in a safe place.  

#2 janepp

janepp
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Welcome back to AS!

#3 EmmyCGirl

EmmyCGirl
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Thank you!!

#4 onewoman365

onewoman365
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hi Emmy, welcome back :)

#5 EmmyCGirl

EmmyCGirl
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hi - thanks for sharing your blog.  It helped me feel a little bit better when I read your "Get Over It" post.  I just had had a major triggering event, and I could have sworn I was "over" that.  Anyway, your post reminded me to be kind to myself; sometimes the grief/healing comes in waves, and it doesn't take away from anything else I've done or the good days.  So thanks - nice meeting you. .  

#6 onewoman365

onewoman365
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

I'm so glad something I wrote gave you some comfort :)  I always wonder how in the world I'm not "over it" after so many years.  Is there ever an end?  I don't think so, but I'm trying to get there.  Hugs to you :)

#7 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found