Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi, I'm Bailey

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tinysailor

tinysailor
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Hi, obviously I'm new here. My name is Bailey, and I just finished my freshman year of college. I was raped 17 weeks ago. That's actually the first time I've been able to write that, let alone speak it. 

I'm here on recommendation from my therapist. I'm really grateful for even the idea of finding support and solidarity, I guess would be the word, here. I really want to share my story, to get it off my chest. I feel like that will be a big step for me. I'm working on it, but as you all probably know, it's really hard. Anyway, I look forward to meeting and helping to support others here.

#2 spark3686

spark3686
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

so so sorry Bailey we are here to support and help where we can, you are not alone

#3 tinysailor

tinysailor
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thank you, that's so nice to hear.

#4 Tangle

Tangle

angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.

• 432 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Welcome, and congratulations on writing it down without qualifications! That is a huge step to make:-). Also, it is wonderful that you have sought therapy and support so soon. Your courage and clarity will help you heal.

#5 tinysailor

tinysailor
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Thank you, being able to say it has been a great struggle for me. It feels really good to have done it.

#6 silentg

silentg
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Welcome to AS, I hope it helps in your healing.

#7 kirix3

kirix3
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

You are not alone, we are all in this together. I hope you find you are able to reach out to us for support. Message me if you would like to talk x

Edited by kirix3, 21 May 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#8 tinysailor

tinysailor
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Thank you both for making me feel welcome, I really appreciate it.

#9 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,703 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

I am sorry for the reason you are here, but I am so proud of you for seeking out the support you need and deserve! I do believe you will find After Silence to be a loving, caring and supportive place!! Welcome to After Silence!!

~SNM~

#10 readyforhelp22

readyforhelp22
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

I'm glad that we have all found a place to talk to others. Sorry it had to be for a reason like this but know that we are all here to talk

#11 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found