Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Logging In To As

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Placebo

Placebo
  • M. Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hi,

Can anyone please help me? I'm not sure if I am posting this in the wrong place or if it is an appropriate post or even if I should just ask a moderator?? I am having to log-in twice to gain access to AS, is there anything that can be done about this and has anyone else experienced such a problem??

Thank you

Steve.

#2 hangingfromaledge

hangingfromaledge
  • 703 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

i'm having the same problem. dont know what to do.

#3 Placebo

Placebo
  • M. Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hiya Edge,

Thank you for replying to my post. I'll see if I can find out from a moderator what the problem is.

Thanks

Steve.

#4 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

I have issues with it keeping me logged in, if I go to somewhere else and then come back to AS. And then I have to relog in and it will tell me I can't do that, but then I click on forums and it has me logged in. It is rather weird!

~SNM~

#5 WillThrive

WillThrive

For all my healing thusfar To God be the glory

• 2,098 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Ditto.....drives me crazy.  It tells me that I have successfully logged in, but I'm not actually logged in.  I do it again and it tells me that I don't have access - yet I'm now logged in.  The only way to access the forums at this point, however, is to click on my name and go in through my profile page.  Once I do that, I'm in.  Like SNM said, though, I can't stay logged in.  For a while it was fine, but now if I leave the site I have to jump through those hoops all over again.

Mods????

Okay, this is interesting.  I ended up on this thread because I wasn't logged but I saw the title so I came here to join the conversation.  When I finished typing the statement above I clicked on another forum and I am now fully logged in.  

:hmm: ?????????????????????????

Edited by WillThrive, 30 March 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#6 Placebo

Placebo
  • M. Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hi Silent no more and Will Thrive,

Thanks for replying to my post, sorry to hear you are also having trouble with After Silence. I have messaged Vera and Becky but both have yet to get back to me. Someone it chat said that John was very good with Admin, so I have messaged him in the hope he might be able to shed some light. I'm not sure what else can be done. Will keep trying so thank you for your input.

Thank again,

Take care,

Steve.

#7 strawberrycookie

strawberrycookie
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have to re-log in every time I come back, despite the fact that I have ticked the box to say I want AS to remember me. 

#8 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

Thank you placebo! I am still having issues! And yeah John seems to be here most often.

~SNM~

#9 Placebo

Placebo
  • M. Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Hiya SNM,

I messaged john, he said they are working on a solution.

Thanks

Steve.

#10 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Awesome Placebo! Thank you for the update!

~SNM~

#11 sunshinee

sunshinee
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

I've been having the same problem. I'll see if I can get someone to look into this.

#12 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Thank you sunshinee!!

~SNM~

#13 sunshinee

sunshinee
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Just to let you know I'm still waiting to hear from someone.

#14 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Thank you for the update, There are some that can't get as far as we have! Which I am sure has made some quit trying to even come.

~SNM~

#15 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,632 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hello,

I believe it was a script issue, which I think I've solved now - can't be 100% sure, will have to see if it happens again. 

If anyone is having problems getting access to site, and cannot log-in please email aftersilence.org@gmail.com with your details.

Thanks,

John