Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

:::attn All Members::: Would This Interest You?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 shortcake

shortcake

Nothing is impossible. Word itself says: I'm Possible.

• Chat Mod
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

I realize I'm not a moderator or anything, but I was just wondering how many of you would actually be interested in Scheduled, organized Topic Chats?  For example, say there was an organized topic scheduled for chat on a specific day of the week at a specific time for about an hour, and there was an announcement about it a month (or at least a couple weeks) in advance. Would anyone be interested in these kinds of chats?

Possible topics could include: depression, journaling, dealing with flashbacks, discussions about Therapy, coping methods, etc...

I myself am very interested in this sort of thing, and I wondered how many other members would be interested. because maybe if enough members are interested I could try to bring this up to the mods/admins and try to help schedule these things :)

Would you be interested? And if so...what kind of topics?

#2 hangingfromaledge

hangingfromaledge
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

yes i'd be interested

#3 Maley

Maley
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Great idea!

#4 chant2012

chant2012

I can be FREE!

• 1,410 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

I also would be interested! Thanks for this!

Also, have you thought about maybe making this into a poll?
So AS users could vote on it?
Maybe ask a mod about it?

Just a thought. To help tally the responses.

#5 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Sure! There are so many different things that we deal with, it would be really helpful to people to know they are not alone and how to deal with things that may arise.

~SNM~

#6 barbara27

barbara27
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

I would be interested in something like this. Great idea.

#7 sadeyes22

sadeyes22

Friendship is a blessing that many people take for granted!

• Acting Moderator
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi Shortcake,

That is a great idea. We used to have scheduled topic chats and we plan to bring those back very soon. I have been having some issues logging into AS, but now that I seem to be able to get on I will talk to the other chat mods about getting some topic chats scheduled. Thank you for bringing this up.

:hug:

Sad

#8 shortcake

shortcake

Nothing is impossible. Word itself says: I'm Possible.

• Chat Mod
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

I also would be interested! Thanks for this!

Also, have you thought about maybe making this into a poll?
So AS users could vote on it?
Maybe ask a mod about it?

Just a thought. To help tally the responses.

Yes, I wanted to make this into a poll, but I can't figure out how lol. Do you know how?

Hi Shortcake,

That is a great idea. We used to have scheduled topic chats and we plan to bring those back very soon. I have been having some issues logging into AS, but now that I seem to be able to get on I will talk to the other chat mods about getting some topic chats scheduled. Thank you for bringing this up.

:hug:

Sad

Welcome back sadeyes!! And thank you so very much! I would be more than willing to help out however I can if you find yourselves short-handed in trying to get these things organized :)

#9 chant2012

chant2012

I can be FREE!

• 1,410 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Sorry, no
IIt looks like that option isn't given for this forum!
You will have to ask an admin or mod.

#10 CycleGirl

CycleGirl

Female Survivor

• 236 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

I would be interested

#11 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Sorry, no
IIt looks like that option isn't given for this forum!
You will have to ask an admin or mod.

We can start a poll or something. I feel this is something that would be best coordinated through the chat admins and discussed in the chat forum.

We're currently going through chat mod applications, so we may have to wait until that's completed, depending on the availability of current chat mods and admins.

I'll talk to the chat admins and look at getting a topic in the chat forum to discuss this ASAP where we can all throw around ideas.

Cheers,

John

#12 katina

katina
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

I wud be interested

#13 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Awesome John!!

~SNM~

#14 MortalGoddess

MortalGoddess
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Oh,  I wanna try it!

#15 splitperson3

splitperson3
  • M. Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Yes I would be interested and would hope that it worked out for me to be involved.  Thanks for the idea!