Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My Birthdate Is On My Profile

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lithium1991

lithium1991
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

How do I get it off??? When I go into my settings, under my birthday I have nothing, but it still shows beside my name in messages and on my profile. This makes me feel extremely uncomfortable, how can it be removed? Please help, thanks!

Edited by lithium1991, 25 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#2 spark3686

spark3686
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I have the same problem and need help too

#3 corvidae

corvidae
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

I have this problem as well. I feel it compromises confidentiality, as it could help someone with ill intentions to identify a survivor.  If an abusive family member has the birthdate of a person they wish to threaten or stalk, they can simply do a search of that birthdate on the forum to find that person.  I would like this taken off my profile as I do not feel safe with this additional means of identification attached to my profile.

Edited by corvidae, 27 March 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#4 Samii

Samii
  • M. Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

I have this to.  I did not have birth day in profile and notice sudden it is there so I add in any way because I do not have choice any more.  Is there way remove this?

#5 CycleGirl

CycleGirl

Female Survivor

• 236 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

I am having the same issue. I would really like my birthday removed.
Thanks
CycleGirl

#6 billie

billie

Billiez fighting back!!!!!!

• 1,325 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

And mines the same and doesnt remove

#7 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hello All,

On your profiles there's two birthday fields, one which is public, should you wish to put your birthday up - the other is the field completed when you joined and is only viewable to moderators and the actual members themselves.

To remove the public birthday from your profile- go to your name (e,g, for me "John") in top right corner, click on it, then click "My Profile", then click, "Edit my Profile" from here you can scroll to "My Profile Information" where you can edit (or remove) your publicly viewable birthday - the other birthday which everyone can see on there own profile, is the date you entered when you joined, and is only viewable to yourself and moderators.

Regards,

John

#8 Samii

Samii
  • M. Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Ah.  Did not know only show to self.  Feel stupid now~  Thank you.

#9 billie

billie

Billiez fighting back!!!!!!

• 1,325 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Ahhh thanks john :) i tried changing the birthday thing myself then it just started showing 2 i was like oh great why does everything happen to me hahaha thank you for the update x

#10 lithium1991

lithium1991
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Thanks John! :)

#11 CycleGirl

CycleGirl

Female Survivor

• 236 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Ah.  Did not know only show to self.  Feel stupid now~  Thank you.

same here

thanks

#12 Scared1

Scared1
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Thank god for that. Just had a mini melt down

#13 JustDez

JustDez

Walking The Path To Healing One Step At A Time

• 129 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

I feel dumb because I followed the steps and I still don't see it. The only one I see is the one that I've made not visible.