Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Human Trafficking Resources

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Could a mod please add a new post under United States in the Public/Resources forum, for All States or nationwide resources? I would like to post the Human Trafficking Hotline, which is 1-888-3737-888. I would also like to post links to the Salvation Army (which does anti-trafficking work nationwide and globally,) and some other groups such as the Polaris Project, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the TIP report (Trafficking in Persons report, 2009) and the Hidden in Plain Sight report which is a resource from the US government publicizing what trafficking is under the law and what the indicators are, in great detail. Furthermore, I am not comfortable posting under the individual state where I live. If individuals want to know more about efforts in their state, the best thing to do is call the hotline, they are very helpful there.

This is of benefit to survivors of trafficking as well as every person in the United States, who may see trafficked people regularly without realizing it, or with some dim sense of recognition that precedes real awareness. When I was trafficked, it was well known in my home town that I was not free, and outsiders who came to my place of work (I was employed legally, but my traffickers collected my paychecks) often asked me if I was legally employed, if I was of age to work. Social workers in town knew I was not free but thought it was domestic violence and I would leave "when I was ready." Something was lost in translation. 

#2 ElleWhite

ElleWhite
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

I volunteer with an organization called Traffick911. Directly related to Human Trafficking. Great resource as well.