Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi :)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kay25

kay25
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself...

i was raped (that word scares me) on new years 2011/12 - a little over a year ago.  i went for months in denial, and engaged in self-destructive behaviors to prove i was "in control".  i can't remember when my methods of coping started to fail and when i realized that i was very far from being in control, but that realization was a heavy one.  

i lived in silence for over a year (family, friends, and anyone in my life permanently still have no idea), but then a weekly support group recently started in my area - i have found this to be the best and worst thing of my life.  i was doing ok in denial - i was getting through at least.  but now that i am talking about what happened, i have to face all those feelings i stuffed down for all those months and it sometimes is hard to breathe.  i think about it and him more now, and the flashbacks and nightmares are worse.  some days are not awful, but most days it is in the back of my mind - i hear his words or smell him or see his face or whatever.  i try not to let his voice become mine, but sometimes that dark place takes a hold of me.  i don't want that for myself, so i am so glad i found a community like this that i can turn to 24/7.  i wish this community didn't have to exist, but i am thankful to know i am not alone.  i wish you all peace and healing on your journeys :)

#2 ActivistAlly

ActivistAlly
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Welcome to AS Kay!

I'm sorry that happened to you.  I hope you won't feel so alone with the support here on AS.

With support,

Activist Ally

#3 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

H i there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found