Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi I'm New

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SEThibbs

SEThibbs
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hi my name is Sarah and I'm new on this site. I needed somebody to talk to bc I can't vocalize much anymore.

#2 Maley

Maley
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hi Sarah!

I am so sorry you have a reason to be here!  I am also very glad you reached out and have come to this community. You will find thtre are many accepting, caring, and supportive survivors here ready to listen.  I was new here in January and have found this to be an amazing community.  Just take  your time to explore and when you are ready you will know how much and when to share. Take gentle care!

maley

#3 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found

#4 ActivistAlly

ActivistAlly
  • Chat Mod
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hi Sara! 

I hope you will be able to find  your voice here and get the kind support you deserve.

Activist Ally

#5 crayonboxfamily

crayonboxfamily
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Welcome Sarah,

Take your time, I hope you find your peace here.

#6 SEThibbs

SEThibbs
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thanks everybody. I'm surprised there are so many of us here! It's scary how alone I feel all the time but I'm ready to take control of my life back.

#7 gymnast4191

gymnast4191
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Welcome! I hope you find AS as helpful in your healing journey as I did. When I first started here there was only one person who knew that I had been abused. She didn't even know ANY details. Now, I have been in therapy for years and have begun the process of sharing my story with her and it has been the most helpful and powerful experience. You can get your life back - it is a matter of how hard you work for it and how badly you want it!

#8 SEThibbs

SEThibbs
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

I really do want it. Thank you for all the support

#9 Bubble23

Bubble23
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Welcome Sarah, I'm new here also, hopefully this will work well for the both of us :)

#10 SEThibbs

SEThibbs
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I hope so

#11 naturegirl

naturegirl
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hi Sarah,
You will find lots of support and help here. It does help to know that you are not alone. I am so very sorry that you have suffered trauma in your past. This is a great place to work on your healing. Best wishes on your journey. :)

#12 katina

katina
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Welcome to the group

#13 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found