Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I'm No Good At Introductions, But Here Goes.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FlightlessBird

FlightlessBird
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hi. I honestly don't know what to say but I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. My incident happened a year and some months ago, but a lot of backstabbing made this ordeal a great deal harder to cope with. I thought speaking out was a good idea, but sometimes I actually wish I never said anything. I try to not talk or think about things because it puts in me a place I don't need to be, and I stopped seeing my shrink. I'm not unstable, per se, I'm just an avoider and I put mental blocks on things deemed unpleasant in my mind. I joined because I'm tired of this feeling of being entirely alone and that people are judging me. I really just want a friend. Or an ear that won't judge or have it put in my record (I'm military). I suppose I'll put my story up soon, but it's nice to meet you all, given the otherwise crappy circumstances. That's all.

~FlightlessBird

#2 beyondthismoment

beyondthismoment

I like a little cheese with my whine

• 1,248 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Welcome Flightless.

I'm sorry that breaking the silence for you was such a painful experience.

I hope you can find what you're looking for here.

#3 Maley

Maley
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hello Flightless,

I am so sorry that  you have a reason to be here! I am glad that you have reached out here to introduce yourself. You are among accepting, caring and supportive survivors.  I joined in mid January after going too many years of not dealing with my past. I see you are in the military.  I hope you don't mind my saying "Thank you for your service!"  I am a veteran and I am a survivor partly because what happened to me in the Army. I joined after high school many years ago. Just take your time and you will find support here for as much or little as you want to share. Take gentle care and I hope you find all the support you deserve.

maley

#4 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found

#5 FlightlessBird

FlightlessBird
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Thank you all very much

#6 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thank you all very much

You're welcome.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found