Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

All My Posts Were Erased?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 lacrimosa

lacrimosa
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

My entire...user-thing was erased. No posts, no icon, no signature. Why is it all gone? Anyone?

#2 beyondthismoment

beyondthismoment

I like a little cheese with my whine

• 941 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

There was a huge crash of AS a few weeks ago. The server folks (not our admins or mods) failed to do the proper back-ups and we lost all data after October 2011.

Many of us are starting over.

Welcome back!

#3 JenD

JenD
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

The server crashed and AS was down for 2 weeks. All data from everyone starting October 2011 unitl that crash were lost. I think there are still attempts to retrieve the data but it looks grim (not sure about that status actually, it has been a while since I read an update on this).

#4 spark3686

spark3686
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

when did you join? The site recently had a big crash so if you joined after October 2011 then that is why. Anyone who joined after that time was totallly erased and has to start over . not the sites fault

#5 lacrimosa

lacrimosa
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I joined back in like....09. I still have my account but everything is gone and I get that it isn't the site's fault, but I'm not writing out any of that stuff again. I'm just irritated at the situation.

#6 lacrimosa

lacrimosa
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Although, I didn't start posting till last year. Almost this time, in fact. So that made everything go away?

#7 spark3686

spark3686
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

So sorry Lacrimosa, I'm not sure why yours would have been erased, Alot of us understand. I for one put alot of time and pain in all I shared here and I dont know if I can do it again. Again I am so very sorry for your loss

#8 lacrimosa

lacrimosa
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

It's fine, I am so sorry for everyone's losses. I know I wont, but that's because I am...doing better-ish? I just wanted to re-read my responses. They helped give me a little extra power. =/

#9 blossums

blossums

Sausages.

• 3,302 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

I know what you mean, it is sad isn't it x

#10 lacrimosa

lacrimosa
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Can I not access chat until I haver a certain number of posts again? ;;

#11 spark3686

spark3686
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

yes you have to make ten posts probally

#12 fall

fall
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

In my case it is not just after 2011 I am missing lots of topics from when I joined in 2007

#13 fall

fall
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

But yet I had pm's that I had deleted :breakdance:

#14 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,630 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hi, Yes as a result of the server issues we had, anything from Oct 2011, to when the website went down was erased, we're currently in the process of attempting to get this recovered from our host, however at the moment we're not sure how long this will take or if we can indeed get the lost information back.