Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How Reporting Thread?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Samii

Samii
  • M. Member
  • 543 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

It seem there is not way for report thread any more?  I am see this one http://www.after-sil...topic=96130&hl= and this http://www.after-silence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=96128&hl= that is spam.

Edited by Samii, 26 February 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#2 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,882 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

Samii, at the bottom of the pages you have linked, to the far right, are three buttons. One of them says report. I assume that is how you are to go about reporting these. Otherwise, maybe PM a mod.

~SNM~

#3 Samii

Samii
  • M. Member
  • 543 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

Ah!  Thank you~  I am stupid~

#4 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,882 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

You are welcome!! And you ARE NOT stupid!!! No being mean to yourself allowed!!  :)

~SNM~

#5 JenD

JenD
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Not stupid at all.

BTW, you can also report a member by clicking on their name to open their profile and then click the report button on the lower right corner. Seeing that some new members post plenty of spam, thus after reporting spam, I switched to reporting those spammers now.

#6 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

I concur with the others Sammi, certainly not stupid, the new AS system is certain very different to the old. It's completely understandable it a learning curve. Also as Jen pointed out, there's a report spammer button a profile which will also notify us moderators of the issue with a particular member and if they're a new member we will review all there posts, and if they're a spammer, ban them.

Please don't feel you're stupid for not knowing it totally understandable, we're here to help. Give me a PM if you require assistance.

#7 Maley

Maley
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Good question Samii and answers!

Now my turn...........my question is what is spam and how can we be aware of it as JenD shared, some new people spam..........hmmm that makes me feel a bit unsafe......is there something to be aware of here and how do we recognize spam........what is it even?  (I'm trying not to say my question is st**** but.................. :no2:

Edited by Maley, 26 February 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#8 Samii

Samii
  • M. Member
  • 543 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Most time spam is person or program that is only paste link and information use for making money.  It is like when you are walking in street person try give you flyer for stupid thing or convince you buy thing that is stupid and not work and have no reason buying.  Spam is doing this on internet.  

Many time it is program that is made doing this with no person control it.  This why when join many web site and forum there is code need put in.  Because most time spam program can not read it.  Way AS is before administrator need approve every new person personal.  I do not know if is still this way.  But it is more easy for spam account coming here.  In more time I am sure moderator will find way that this is not so much problem in new forum here.  Before this time is coming I will always report these member~

#9 Maley

Maley
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Thank you Samii for the good explanation of what spam is............I did not know..........I'll keep an eye out and report it too! Thanks again

#10 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Thanks Samii. Good explanation, usually spammers get paid by the clicks they get on there links, (pay per click) - which is the most common marketing model on the internet - and usually a good one unless exploited. We have software to try and prevent spammers, and it works well, most done get through, but we do get them come through as no prevention program is perfect.