Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Member Struggling To Cope...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ZephraBurns

ZephraBurns
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I don't know where to begin.  I've stayed silent about this for too long. I am struggling to deal with the aftermath of a rape and the five months following it being stalked, coerced, manipulated and threatened by my employer.  I've finally found my voice, but it feels like it belongs to someone else.  I'm a mess internally, with more emotions fighting for the top rung than words to describe them...right now "lost" is winning...

They issued the warrant for his arrest today, but I can only wonder if I am strong enough to make sure he is held accountable for what he did to me...and the others.  How can I be strong enough for a fight this big (and I've been informed exactly how ugly rape trials can be) when the thought of leaving my house to get a new job leaves me an anxiety-ridden shell of a functional person and the thought of meeting anyone new leaves me physically ill?

I always thought I was one of the strongest people I knew. I don't know myself anymore...How do I recover that piece of my soul he stole from me, the part that had faith in humankind and always saw the good in others? I don't want to be a negative person, but I can't be that person anymore either.

Forgive my jumbled thoughts. It's all I've got right now...thanks for listening.

#2 kenzo28

kenzo28
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I dont have many words, But just wanted to let you know I read and understand, I think you are a very brave person to report and go through the court process, I reported but cudnt go through with it so understand how scared you must be feeling right now. 

Please be gentle with your self, we are all here to support you. 

Much Love 

Kenzo. x

#3 bonniekate89

bonniekate89
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

you ARE strong. you ARE brave. don't listen to the lies in your mind, or what others might be telling you.

I reported as well, but never pressed charges. 

I'm here for you if you need to talk. 

#4 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found