Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Search Function

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JenD

JenD
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

I wonder if anyone can advise how I can properly use the search function for 'short' words? I have been trying to find posts about 'art therapy' and it does not let me search for that as words with less than 4 letters are not accepted and no results are shown.
Searching for the word therapy is WAYS to broad of course and would not really lead me anywhere close to the things I am looking for.

Any ideas or tricks on how I can make this search efficiently?

Thanks. flowers.gif

edit: changing 3 into 4

Edited by JenD, 25 September 2011 - 06:41 PM.

#2 phoenixgirl

phoenixgirl

Trying...Trying to keep my head above water

• Contributing Member
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

I had the same problem Jen when searching initially for threads on "Pap Test" or "Pap Smear". It would be good if those words could be searched in some way.

#3 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

I'm not sure if this is something that can be changed. Will look into it smile.gif

#4 JenD

JenD
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

Thanks John. Maybe there is some way to 'fool' the system? If there is, I know you will figure it out. smile.gif

I also tried to search for pap test & gyn exam as Phoenixgirl some time back without success and I know others looked specifically for CBT or DBT approaches in the therapy forum but could not search for that either. The problem is that those specific terms are often not mentioned in the subject lines of the threats such it is very hard to find anything related.