Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Questions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jessi1991

Jessi1991
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

I was wondering how I chat or get access to the share my story forum. Sorry if this info is posted and I've missed it.

#2 dodo

dodo

before the end

• Newbie Support Team
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

To get into chat you need to have posted 10 times - then you will automatically be able to access it. To be able to get into the share your story forum you need to contact a mod for the password - here is a link the mods

http://www.aftersile...rs_display_name

best wishes

karen

#3 MISSINGMESINCE2010

MISSINGMESINCE2010
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Jessi1991 @ Sep 23 2011, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering how I chat or get access to the share my story forum. Sorry if this info is posted and I've missed it.

Hello Jessi. I am new as well and you asked exactly what I wanted to..so thank you. From what I have read so far, this should be a wonderful support system. Welcome to you Jessi!!

#4 phoenixgirl

phoenixgirl

Trying...Trying to keep my head above water

• Contributing Member
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

Welcome to AS Jessi. hi.gif

Hope you find some healing here.

#5 Jessi1991

Jessi1991
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

Thanks so much for the welcomes and help!

#6 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,632 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

If you have under 10 posts you can just PM a moderator, I have Pm'd you the password

#7 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

1 more post to go.
Welcome to AS.
I hope you find this site to be helpful.
Found

#8 Sarahh13

Sarahh13

Sarahh13

• 38 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hi, I'm new as well and I was wondering the same things. So for those who have posted thanks for the answers. I was also wondering, if I post a new topic while under someone elses post, will it post just under theirs or under the whole forum topic?

#9 Sarahh13

Sarahh13

Sarahh13

• 38 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

Oh also if someone could tell me what pming is? I've seen people use it a few times in posts but I don't know what it is.

#10 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,632 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Sarahh13 @ Sep 30 2011, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm new as well and I was wondering the same things. So for those who have posted thanks for the answers. I was also wondering, if I post a new topic while under someone elses post, will it post just under theirs or under the whole forum topic?

If you post under someone else's topic (e.g. replying) it post under there's. If you start a new topic by clicking the new topic button, it will start an entirely new thread/topic.

QUOTE (Sarahh13 @ Sep 30 2011, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh also if someone could tell me what pming is? I've seen people use it a few times in posts but I don't know what it is.

Private messaging, it's available from the task bar at top of page under new messages or can be accessed from My Controls.

#11 Sarahh13

Sarahh13

Sarahh13

• 38 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

Thanks so much:)