Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello Everyone

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sunny65

Sunny65
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

hello everyone just thought since im new and pretty new to message boards in general id share a bit about myself (better to screw up now and get it out of the way then when im talking about something too personal). I'm a 30yr old woman who currently is not working outside the home. No children yet but my husband and i are discussing it, i do have 5 cats and one hyper beagle puppy (i know crazy cat lady right lol). Found this site while looking for a place to find help and understanding with some issues im having surrounding wanting to become a mother. Fair warning to anyone reading future posts i havnt used many message boards but i seem to be drawn to these things at 3am on nights i cant sleep and dont always make sense.

#2 corvidae

corvidae
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hello - welcome. I hope you find some of the support you are seeking here. flowers.gif

#3 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.
I hope you find this site to be helpful.
Found

#4 dodo

dodo

before the end

• Newbie Support Team
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

Hi and welcome to AS

best wishes

Karen

#5 abbywil83

abbywil83
  • 992 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:49 AM

Hi and welcome to AS. I'm a night owl also, I have given up trying to sleep at night. ~Abby

#6 blossums

blossums

Sausages.

• 3,351 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

Hi Sunny, welcome to AS flowers.gif

5 cats and a hyper beagle puppy sounds like heaven to me smile.gif I've only got 2 cats but they're wonderful smile.gif And there's plenty night owls here, and no need to ever worry about making sense, sometimes you just need to get things off your chest and it doesn't alwyas make sense to begin with, that's fine smile.gif

All the best and hope to see you around the forums
x

#7 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

• 46,672 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.
Found

#8 sjudmajo

sjudmajo

sjudmajo

• 1,637 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (Sunny65 @ Sep 21 2011, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello everyone just thought since im new and pretty new to message boards in general id share a bit about myself (better to screw up now and get it out of the way then when im talking about something too personal). I'm a 30yr old woman who currently is not working outside the home. No children yet but my husband and i are discussing it, i do have 5 cats and one hyper beagle puppy (i know crazy cat lady right lol). Found this site while looking for a place to find help and understanding with some issues im having surrounding wanting to become a mother. Fair warning to anyone reading future posts i havnt used many message boards but i seem to be drawn to these things at 3am on nights i cant sleep and dont always make sense.

Hi

Sharing

There is body image issues and mothering info on the net regarding how to work through healing those type of issues. You can put in body image issues and motherhood

The key with that among others is the vulnerability that comes with giving birth and pregnancy. and having control vs letting go of control.

Thoughts?

Judith

#9 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

hi.gif HI, welcome to AS smile.gif

#10 samantha7

samantha7
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

Hello

Welcome to AS flowers.gif

Sam

#11 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

• 46,672 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:22 AM

Thinking of you.
Found