Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Facing The Facts, Getting Support

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MorethanAConqueror

MorethanAConqueror
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hello, Ive been looking for a place thats in depth enough to handle my story. I need a lot of healing. I need new and supportive friends. Taking baby steps. Reading everything i can get my hands on. My bottom line in all this is i could live the next 25 years of my life free from my defence mechanisms. Theyve been running my life. I want a real life, im excited to get freedom!

#2 blossums

blossums

Sausages.

• 3,355 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

Hiya and welcome AS smile.gif

Pleased to meet you, I'm sure this place can help with what you are looking for, people here understand and are very supportive

I want a real life too and yes it is exciting to get free from defence mechanisms smile.gif

All the best and hope to see you around
flowers.gif

#3 dodo

dodo

before the end

• Contributing Member
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hi and welcome to AS

best wishes

karen

#4 samantha7

samantha7
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

Hello

Welcome to AS flowers.gif

Sam

#5 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.
I hope you find this site to be helpful.
Found

#6 sjudmajo

sjudmajo

sjudmajo

• 1,637 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (MorethanAConqueror @ Sep 19 2011, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, Ive been looking for a place thats in depth enough to handle my story. I need a lot of healing. I need new and supportive friends. Taking baby steps. Reading everything i can get my hands on. My bottom line in all this is i could live the next 25 years of my life free from my defence mechanisms. Theyve been running my life. I want a real life, im excited to get freedom!

HI
sharing

I can be your friend and write to me etc. Good that your reading everything you can get your hands on. I did. You can look up Defense mechanisms on the net. There is like 15. I can handle your story. and share stuff. It can help me

Judith

#7 MorethanAConqueror

MorethanAConqueror
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

I am getting new memories and dreams regularly now, so i feel i dont know how to share my story, its as if i only know a third of it. After reading many others i know i am in the right place. I guess its still hard to speak it. Ive shared with my husband and my choir director whos appointed herself my surrogate mommy. Love her to death. Shes researching books and we are going to read em together. I feel she is really going to be there for me. Part of me is still really not wanting to go down this road. But theres no where else to go. I want freedom. Not denial. Thanks for the friend invite, ill add u if i can figure out how! lol.

#8 MorethanAConqueror

MorethanAConqueror
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

Thank you i really appreciate that~ I will be around, alot! even if i am not always posting, im reading and processing, hoping that other stories help me understand mine smile.gif I can feel the love around here!

#9 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (MorethanAConqueror @ Sep 20 2011, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am getting new memories and dreams regularly now, so i feel i dont know how to share my story, its as if i only know a third of it. After reading many others i know i am in the right place. I guess its still hard to speak it. Ive shared with my husband and my choir director whos appointed herself my surrogate mommy. Love her to death. Shes researching books and we are going to read em together. I feel she is really going to be there for me. Part of me is still really not wanting to go down this road. But theres no where else to go. I want freedom. Not denial. Thanks for the friend invite, ill add u if i can figure out how! lol.

My encouragement to you is write down what comes. And deal with whatever comes. Don't try to make memories appear, they will do it on it's own, and when they do, you deal with it then. Writing is a very good tool for healing a little at a time. i have been writing a lot more lately. And find peace in it. Hope that helps a little.
Found