Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I'm Back

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ems

Ems
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

Wow I have not been here in a while, I was here a while back and found this place really helpful so I am back.

Im Emily, I'm 25, I'm from New Zealand and I am going through a bit of hell at the moment to be honest. I have been abused by the same man (and others but he is the main person) since I was a very young child. The last time he raped me was about three weeks ago. I am so embarrassed and ashamed to say that out loud, i mean for goodness sake i am 25 and I still am terrified of him. I fight back but he is stronger than me, he has broken all my ribs down my left side before and now I am scared to fight in case it gets like that again. I feel disgusting. He is a friend of my dads and lived with us when I was growing up and ever since I left home he has tracked me down and found me. It's a small city but I cant afford to move right now. I was drinking everyday to numb it all but I went to rehab and i am now just about 6 months sober. It's good to be sober, but I am still trying to figure out how to live with all of this in my head without wanting to just get drunk. I have been in and out of hospital and diagnosed with bi polar disorder for the last two years and that has been rough. I guess I am going on a bit here so i will stop. Thanks for having this place, its sad to know im not alone but good at the same time if you know what i mean.

Emily

#2 samantha7

samantha7
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

Emily

Welcome to AS flowers.gif

Sorry it has been such a struggle for you lately. Congrats on 6 months sober...that is a very big thing!

Sam

#3 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

hi.gif
Welcome back.
Found

#4 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,167 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

hi.gif HI Emily, welcome to AS smile.gif

#5 blossums

blossums

Sausages.

• 3,349 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:04 AM

Hi Ems, welcome back smile.gif

Am so sorry you're having to go through all of this and I so admire you for being sober 6 months despite everything you are going through

Hope you'll find all the support you need here, take care and hope to see you around the forums smile.gif