Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"after Silence"

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 sweetaslemons

sweetaslemons
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (britt_aka_anon @ Dec 12 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wrote this a while back and figured i'd post it on this thread..

AS means friendship family love and support, healing strength courage home and shelter from the storm. AS means reclaiming our lives, and taking back control over ourselves. AS means standing back up everytime after we fall. AS means the road to our future, to our healing, leading us back to the lives we thought we had lost. AS is a community of brave, strong, beautiful people. SURVIVORS. AS is a saftey net, built and held together by the strength and kindness of all our hearts, stong enough to catch ALL that fall, picking us back up, and getting us all back on our feet again. AS is a part of me. A part of each of us. Something no words in the world could ever describe.

Wow...that was so beautifully put flowers.gif

#47 whimsical1

whimsical1

love child

• Contributing Member
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:26 PM

It means connecting with others, and sharing in their beliefs, ideas, joys and pains.

#48 Mon45

Mon45
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:41 AM

After silence to me, means not being alone anymore.

It is somewhere I can ask for help but do not need to explain why
It is somewhere I can ask for a hug and not get rejected
It is somewhere I can tell my story and not be told I wish you had kept it to yourself
It is somewhere I feel accepted, understood and safe
It is somewhere I feel loved

Thank you after silence

butterfly.gif

#49 ShoePanda

ShoePanda
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

After Silence gave me a place to voice thoughts I was almost too scared to even think for a long time. In the safety and acceptance of this place, I was able to work through a lot of the ambiguities that tortured me about my situations. Thank you.

#50 tmj1984

tmj1984

Tamara

• 3,524 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

After Silence to me means getting back my voice, my CONTROL. It's knowing that I'm not alone in this world, that there are many people out there that understand me for once in my life. It's a feeling of security!

#51 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

After Silence...
Breaking Free
Free to talk
No more secrets
No more lies
Becoming beautiful
Becoming strong
I am a survivor, no longer a victim
I am a supporter
I am a helper
I am special and not really so alone after all.

#52 SeckunClass

SeckunClass
  • Contributing Member
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

life line

#53 melsv

melsv
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

I wasn't aware we could get wrist bands- I must have missed that. How do I get one?

What does AS mean to me? I guess it means that I won't be judged or shamed and that I can speak my feelings without fear of potential consequences or embarassment/humiliation.

#54 Maddie50

Maddie50

certifiably insane

• 6,021 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

I came to AS at a time when I didn't believe I could go on another hour without killing myself. The first post I got talked about gentle healing and offered such warmth and support. I just sat there feeling that maybe there were people out there in the world who could understand me. Getting so much advice, support, knowledge and love and being able to give to others has been the one thing that has kept me going.

#55 Shido

Shido

Of the yellow squinty race

• M. Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

some really good insights here...

#56 LovesHerald

LovesHerald
  • 464 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

While my first thought was a description of life after we've spoken up about our abuse, further thought significantly changes that. Now, it carries a new meaning for me:

For me, it's that moment after the abuse has just stopped. Everything is silent, and you know that something horrible has happened to you. You suddenly know that you have to begin a completely different journey than you'd expected. Thus, after the silence is the phase immediately after abuse and for the rest of your life.

Edited by LovesHerald, 18 August 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#57 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

No longer silent.
Free to speak.
Free to be me.