Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"after Silence"

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 heathbar

heathbar

Healing is a choice that we must do daily

• 2,548 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:58 AM

hmm.gif i'm not sure if it has a meaning for me yet, i could define it logically but personally i'm not sure. Although I have just started it is still hard for me to realize that this actually happened. A few ppl other than my therapist knows so I guess that is a start, but I do like this website there have been times it has helped dance.gif

#17 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:14 PM

AFTER SILENCE means I give myself permission every day to be more than just a Survivor, but a thriver!

Haullie wub.gif

#18 whitedove

whitedove
  • Contributing Member
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:19 AM

It means two things for me.

Not having to be silent. I lived in silence for many years and it means a great deal to me to find boards such as this where you do not have to be silent and it is ok to be who you are and not have to hide.

Also, I have met some wonderful people here who are an inspiration and the board has done great things for me. Good on you for taking the time to develop such a forum as this. I am sure it has helped a lot of people - regardless of whether they post or not.

#19 sadeyes22

sadeyes22

Friendship is a blessing that many people take for granted!

• Acting Moderator
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:11 PM

"After Silence" gives me a lot of hope that one day I will be able to break the silence that I have lived with for so many years.

As far as AS boards and forum. This place to me is a wonderful safe place that I know I can come to night or day and be around wonderful people who understand me and who will not judge me. This is a family to me. This place has become such a part of me that If I am not able to come on and talk with everyone everyday than I feel like there is something missing.

I have made so many wonderful friends on this site. People who I know will be in my life forever. I could never thank Lindy and Vera enough for giving us this place to heal together! I love all of you very much bighug.gif

hug.gif hug.gif

Sad

#20 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:11 PM

AfterSilence means I have a refuge, somewhere to go where people understand , advise and dont judge. In the short time, I've been here, it has become a place of peace, support and friendship. I have developed friendships here that I hope will last a very long time.

I am so glad I clicked on 'aftersilence.org'

love Paula hug.gif wub.gif hug.gif {for everyone here}

#21 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:24 PM

AS to me is a haven, a home, and true friends. Here I found that i CAN be liked just for me and that I don't have to pretend. AS is my passport to the world, where else could I talk daily with friends in countries I barely knew were even there. And I treasure them. AS is a place of learning for me, I've learned to bend a little , and just what things are worth fighting for. AS is my brag book , my balancing scale , my place to be gentle.
AS gives me the love I've yearned my whole life for and a huge family of survivors that can understand who I am.
Blessings, "D"

#22 sueellen

sueellen
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

AS is the supportive family I have always wanted and neede when I attempt to spread my wings and learn to fly.

Sue

#23 Mom_of_5

Mom_of_5
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

i've only been a member for a short time, but AS means.....i am not alone, others have been where i am, and i am free! free to talk about it, free to finally be a survivor rather than a victim, and free to define myself as opposed to "IT" defining me!... loveas.gif

#24 just_me0800

just_me0800

Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?

• 1,053 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

i havent been a member long but to me after silence means,
being part of something and being accepted for being me,
finding my voice and finding my tears, after silence helped me find who i am,
also i feel like i found home... and friends

#25 neakblue

neakblue

my beautful pugs

• 550 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:36 PM

i am qoueting here on Most parts but adding my thought in to it and i am qoueting from DAWN but adding my parts b/c i think the same as DAWN (Guest_Little Miss Happy_* Aug 21 2005, 11:44 AM )

so what does AFTER SILENCE mean to me?

- i am thinking of getting one but dont know yet but which i would wear with pride. I am sure wearing it will provoke some questions of others about what 'cause' it supports.
when these questions are posed i guess i will say it is a band about sexual abuse/rape awareness and then explain this board. That in itself for me will be 'hard' - because i am sure people will piece two and two together and realise that there must be a 'reason' i am wearing it.

i do wonder what after silence means for me, it seemed an apt phrase for the wrist bands because of the forum name. but i haven't really broken the silence... well not much anyway... i have told a friend but i would like to break the silence completely ~ im just not strong enough for that right now, one day maybe i will be

remember i qoueted some

#26 Guest_voiceless000_*

Guest_voiceless000_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:34 AM

AFTER SILENCE...

Means for me...

the beginning of healing;
founding precious lifetime friends;
being accepted;
finding a safe place in this cruel world;
finding my voice;
getting so much care and love;
being here for someone in need;
being around so many special people

#27 fall

fall
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:26 AM

acceptance

safety

I can be me

#28 PrincessAddie

PrincessAddie
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:48 PM

After silence means realizing that I have a voice. And I am more than the abuse that defined me for so long. I am... I have survived.

#29 thewillofinstinct

thewillofinstinct
  • 773 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

After Silence is a place where I can start to talk. It is a place where I can finally try to put words to what I've been feeling all these years. It's a place where people get it - what I've been through and what impact that has on my life. Where I can start to accept what happened to me and to grow stronger. And, it's where I can hopefully help others on their path to healing.

#30 AWhisperofTruth

AWhisperofTruth

Mirror in the sky, what is love?

• 2,840 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

To me "after silence" means I am finding myself and my voice. That after being silent and evasive for so many years it's time to start healing. It means I am taking steps down the path to heal scars from the past.