Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Questions On Abbreviations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cascade

Cascade
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

I've searched through the forums for a sticky regarding common abbreviations but I didn't see one. I'm new to the site and a lot of the abbreviations. What does EMDR mean? Is there a thread regarding abbreviations. Thanks. smile.gif

#2 -Possum-

-Possum-
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Not as far as I'm aware. EMDR is eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing.
DV, SA, R, CSA, RA... are domestic violence, sexual assault, rape, child sexual abuse, ritual abuse
I'm sure you can ask if you don't understand or put it into google smile.gif
Rosi

#3 Amaris

Amaris

turning a corner

• 671 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

Here you go: What Do The Abbrieviations Mean?, lol, T, *t*

#4 nzm

nzm

sincerlyhurt

• 295 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

deleted

Edited by nzm, 15 August 2011 - 01:19 PM.