Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cookies

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Why is it that I can't delete cookies on this website. As much as I'm on here, there is a great need for it. Maybe I am but don;t realize it. But every time I try, it won't let me.
Found

#2 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

Found,

If you're having problems deleting cookies using the links provided, either try it through the web browser, or there's tools you can download which could help you also - such as CCleaner

#3 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

• 46,672 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

Thanks so much. flowers.gif

#4 John

John

• Administrator
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

My pleasure - if you need anymore assistance please just post here and I'll be more than happy to help flowers.gif

#5 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

• 46,672 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (John @ Jul 6 2011, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My pleasure - if you need anymore assistance please just post here and I'll be more than happy to help flowers.gif

Again, thanks so much. Glad to have you around here.

#6 JenD

JenD
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

I think if you enter your browser via 'private browsing', it should not save any cookies or history from your website visits if I am not mistaken - will save you some time deleting those.
(John, please correct me if I'm wrong - as you know I am not a computer wiz ;-)

#7 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

• 46,672 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (JenD @ Jul 6 2011, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think if you enter your browser via 'private browsing', it should not save any cookies or history from your website visits if I am not mistaken - will save you some time deleting those.
(John, please correct me if I'm wrong - as you know I am not a computer wiz ;-)

Thanks for your response. flowers.gif

#8 John

John

• Administrator
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:08 AM

Yes you're correct, this is a feature which I think in Firefox and Chrome. Not 100% sure as cookies don't really both me, I just eat them instead smile.gif

#9 JenD

JenD
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (John @ Jul 7 2011, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes you're correct, this is a feature which I think in Firefox and Chrome. Not 100% sure as cookies don't really both me, I just eat them instead smile.gif

Lol, I prefer the eating part, too tongue.gif

#10 JenD

JenD
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:29 AM

Foundy, that is the message from Firefox (my computer is automatically downloading the latest version) when you click the 'private browsing' button:

In a Private Browsing session, Firefox won't keep any browser history, search history, download history, web form history, cookies, or temporary internet files. However, files you download and bookmarks you make will be kept.

Thus you would not have to worry about having to delete anything.
As John said, some other browsers are offering this function as well nowadays.

#11 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

• 46,672 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (JenD @ Jul 7 2011, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Foundy, that is the message from Firefox (my computer is automatically downloading the latest version) when you click the 'private browsing' button:

In a Private Browsing session, Firefox won't keep any browser history, search history, download history, web form history, cookies, or temporary internet files. However, files you download and bookmarks you make will be kept.

Thus you would not have to worry about having to delete anything.
As John said, some other browsers are offering this function as well nowadays.

Thanks again. You both are awesome. flowers.gif