Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Troubling Emoticon?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Anala

Anala

Silent Garden

• 2,784 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Hi there,

We recently got a few new emoticon options added. I'm not sure about the last one though, goodnight.gif I haven't seen anyone use it. It is entirely possible that I'm being too sensitive, but it seems to equate sleeping and dying. Given the issues that survivors have with sleep, death, and suicide, I'm not sure this is an appropriate emoticon.

I don't know if it is possible to remove an emoticon from the list? What do others think about this one?

#2 Becky

Becky

There is Hope

• Contributing Member
  • 9,929 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

Thank you, Anala. I understand how you feel and will definitely raise the issue,

#3 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Anala @ Jun 19 2011, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if it is possible to remove an emoticon from the list? What do others think about this one?

It has been removed. flowers.gif

#4 Anala

Anala

Silent Garden

• 2,784 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

Thank you, Vera and Becky! flowers.gif

#5 sunshinee

sunshinee
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

lol I would think it meant dead tired tongue.gif

#6 phoenixgirl

phoenixgirl

Trying...Trying to keep my head above water

• Contributing Member
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for removing it, Vera and Becky.

Thanks for raising it too, Anala. It troubled me too.

#7 Anala

Anala

Silent Garden

• 2,784 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (sunshinee @ Jun 19 2011, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol I would think it meant dead tired tongue.gif

Oops. I knew there was some good explanation!

#8 blackfrog

blackfrog
  • 828 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

Weird thing - I thought it might be a sensitive emoticon to many. But... I did like it. I thought of it as kind of cocooning yourself from the world - more of a safe place to be quiet and restful. But, as I said, I figured it would disturb many.

Just do me a favor and never remove blink.gif - it's one of my two favourites.

#9 Becky

Becky

There is Hope

• Contributing Member
  • 9,929 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

Yes, you are right, it was meant more as tired. hug.gif hug.gif

#10 philkay

philkay
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (blackfrog @ Jun 20 2011, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Weird thing - I thought it might be a sensitive emoticon to many. But... I did like it. I thought of it as kind of cocooning yourself from the world - more of a safe place to be quiet and restful. But, as I said, I figured it would disturb many.

Just do me a favor and never remove blink.gif - it's one of my two favourites.

I love that one it chat laugh.gif