Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Full Name Of Researchers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RiseAndShine

RiseAndShine

♥ reclaiming my life ♥

• 3,364 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

hey mods and admins,

i noticed that in this topic

http://www.aftersile...h...ic=91318=

the researcher's last name was removed, i suppose in accordance with the forum guidelines.

i see how this rule makes sense for survivors, but researchers are not here as survivors or private people, they are here as professionals, and therefore neither claim nor should be "forced" into anonymity (imho).

on the contrary.... i find it very important that researchers identify themselves with their full name, name of their institution, and preferably full name of their supervising researcher (if applicable).

there have been, in the past, attempts by shady individuals to get sensitive and confidential information from us by posting "research" requests. normally, it is easy to spot those, bc for one those people tend to have no idea about research and the conventions used (like naming the purpose of the study, informed consent, etc.) and for the very reason that they shy away from giving their full name as well as other identifying information.

we need their full name for checking the legitimacy of their request, e.g. via google, which is why those who are serious researchers give this information freely, and those who are not do not give it at all.

so basically.... i am asking that for safety reasons, the rule of anonymity should not apply to reasearchers here, and should not be enforced by moderators.

flowers.gif

thank you for listening to my concerns...

riana

#2 nemesis

nemesis
  • Chat Mod
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

agree2.gif goodpost.gif ri

nemmie

#3 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for brining this issue to our attention. flowers.gif

The full name of researchers will no longer be edited out.

#4 RiseAndShine

RiseAndShine

♥ reclaiming my life ♥

• 3,364 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

hey vera wave.gif

thank you! butterfly.gif flowers.gif