Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hi!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Paddy Ann_*

Guest_Paddy Ann_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:23 PM

Hello,
I am new to the site! Not new to recovery.

#2 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:43 PM

(((Paddy Ann))) Welcome to After Silence. I am glad you found your way here. I hope you find this place as warm and comforting as I do smile.gif Take your time, post when you are ready. We are here for you. Be gentle with yourself as you heal smile.gif

#3 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:47 PM

Hi Paddy Ann, welcome to After Silence. I am sorry that you have a reason to find a place like this but I am happy that you found us! This is such a wonderful, supportive place to be. I wish you well and look forward to getting to know you. Take care of yourself.
Tracy

#4 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 12:55 AM

(((paddy Ann))) Welcome to After Silence. I'm glad you found your way here. It is so wonderful and supportive! I hope you find what you are looking for! Take care! We are here for you!
love clarissa:b:

#5 Guest_Paddy Ann_*

Guest_Paddy Ann_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2004 - 01:35 PM

Hi again,
Thanks for responding to my message.
It's been 13 years since I recovered my memories of the incest. I lived alone happily for a long time. Now I am living with a wonderful man. I am having a problem with the noise level in the house particularly around bedtime, the t.v. is too loud, doors banging, talking too loud, everything is too loud. I think it has something to do with the abuse. Is anyone else having this problem? It's like my peace is disturbed.
Thank you.

#6 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 02:40 PM

I sort of know how you feel...I am an only child and lived for the most part in a quiet house. I have been so use to "my time" that it has been a real adjustment being married...even though I am going on six years this 20th of March. I feel like I have no peace other than when my husband is deployed overseas...then I miss the loudness.sad.gif