Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Why Is Search Flood Control Always On?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TSE

TSE
  • M. Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

Very frustrated lately. I can't search for any of my posts because search flood control is always enabled no matter what time of day or night I try it. My posts get moved and I don't know why and can not find them, mainly because I can't search my own profile. If this can be changed, please do so.

#2 dodo

dodo

before the end

• Newbie Support Team
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

Every once in a while this happens to me - as far as I know it has nothing to do with the site or it would happen to everyone at the same time - I have found the only way to stop it is to clear cookies/history/files - perhaps you could try that and see if it helps

karen

#3 Ashley Marie

Ashley Marie

I'm weird, You're weird.... Lets be friends ♥

• Contributing Member
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

im having the same problem atm... ive deleted my cookies and history and all that, and I cant look up my own topics or posts?

#4 dodo

dodo

before the end

• Newbie Support Team
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

I just checked and can look up all of mine - it may be a glitch that some people are experiencing?

karen

#5 -Possum-

-Possum-
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

I get it when I use my mobile for the site. Possibly could be your browser?
On the subject...why do we have search flood control?!

#6 dodo

dodo

before the end

• Newbie Support Team
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

No idea!!!

karen

#7 dodo

dodo

before the end

• Newbie Support Team
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

I looked this up and after wading (pun intended) through all sorts of very interesting stuff on rivers and dams I found this - which explains flood control but not how to stop it

'Flood Control' on forums is a tool that the website uses to avoid users to post multiple times in a small time span. This is both to avoid accidental double-posts as well as avoid abuse by programs that would cause spam on the forum

Read more: http://wiki.answers....s#ixzz1PH48XM41

#8 phoenixgirl

phoenixgirl

Trying...Trying to keep my head above water

• Contributing Member
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

I am able to search all of mine too, so maybe it's a glitch? Hopefully a mod can look into it for you.

#9 whitedove

whitedove
  • Contributing Member
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

Mine was fine too.

Edited by whitedove, 14 June 2011 - 07:16 PM.

#10 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,632 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:33 AM

I believe it occurs to everyone on the site from time to time. It's nothing to do with what anyone here is doing when a search is being preformed. The only thing that would cause a flood control, which a user can control - is as described above, when too many posts are done in quick succession.

The flood control that occurs when you do a search usually relates to server loading, and are most likely going to occur if there's a large number of people on the server. The good thing about this is that server peaks usually pass quickly and things get back to normal again soon. I will research and see if there's any other reason that could be causing this and let you all know if I find anything.

Hope this helps

John

#11 MidnightSunshine531

MidnightSunshine531
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

I still can't search for my own effing posts. Am getting extremely frustrated! It's been like this for several WEEKS for me no matter how many times I delete cookies or whatever the hell it still does this and will not allow me to look at my own posts. Not cool. -.-"

Edited by MidnightSunshine531, 18 June 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#12 John

John

• Administrator
  • 7,632 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (MidnightSunshine531 @ Jun 19 2011, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still can't search for my own effing posts. Am getting extremely frustrated! It's been like this for several WEEKS for me no matter how many times I delete cookies or whatever the hell it still does this and will not allow me to look at my own posts. Not cool. -.-"

Can you please try a different browser?

Here are some suggestions as to what you can try:

• Mozilla
  • Internet Explorer
  • Google Chrome
  • Opera
  • Safari

All of which can be downloaded by going to Google and searching for there respective websites. Also if you're using Mac OSX you can use Safari, and Firefox is also available in Linux

John

#13 Ashley Marie

Ashley Marie

• Contributing Member
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

i have tried both Google Chrome and IE, both of which still wont let me search my posts. Its been this way for a few days for me

#14 Ashley Marie

Ashley Marie

• Contributing Member
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

is anyone still checking up on this?
i still cant search posts

#15 John

John

• Administrator
  • 7,632 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

Hi Ashley - Can you please try - when I occurs, to wait say 2 -3 min then click refresh, does that help at all?

The reason I ask is when I've had this happen with my searches previously I've done this and it helps fix it. Also I was able to just search your posts without any worries, but admittedly, I have tried to search your posts previously when you first posted about on 19th June, or other members posts and it's not worked, but by pressing refresh, even afew times after afew minutes it seems to "come good" as such, but I have also raised with other moderators for suggestions. Just give us abit of time to reply as it's been really busy recently flowers.gif

smile.gif