Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1188 replies to this topic

#1036 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

I got a muffin at Dunkin Donuts.  And I pretended to read on the bus to avoid talking to people.  Just needed some space...

Copper, you are nicer than me. The only people who chat up strangers on the bus here are drunks...and I'll tell a drunk to his face in front of the whole bus that I'm not on transit for the convo.

It's a dang bus not match.com, dude better not tell me how pretty I look, no way.

#1037 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

I did myself a favor and finished my paper for literature class this morning

I spent 2 spare hours sewing, sewing, and sewing some more...

#1038 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal.

• 6,169 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

I got a muffin at Dunkin Donuts.  And I pretended to read on the bus to avoid talking to people.  Just needed some space...

Copper, you are nicer than me. The only people who chat up strangers on the bus here are drunks...and I'll tell a drunk to his face in front of the whole bus that I'm not on transit for the convo.

It's a dang bus not match.com, dude better not tell me how pretty I look, no way.

Oh, I can tell off random jerks with the best of 'em.  Trouble is that this particular bus at that particular time is full of my day program people.  We all know each other...it's kind of like a school bus mentality.  And I just did not want to play just then!  So the book was more to keep "friends" at bay than anything else. 

#1039 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Yesterday (it's far too early to do anything at all yet today!)...

Yesterday I painted my nails.  Green, of course!!!

#1040 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

I went to the thrift store and snagged up hats at half off...some material I thought was pretty and a few things for me

#1041 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

I put on my headset and sank into a good game for several hours.  My whole world was the screen.  It felt good to not have to cope with reality for a bit.

#1042 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

When I finished my homework goals for today early, I called it quits. I did 1 round on my mega doily, and now I'm going to draw. It's been awhile, and besides, it's way too cold in here to be moving about with a large project like sewing.

#1043 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

I knew that if *I* had to sit in Aqua's waiting room I'd fuss and fidget myself to pieces.  So when one of my younger Insiders asked to ride the bus, I agreed and offered to let him take care of the body in the waiting room too.

Two birds, one stone.  Racer was happy as could be, and I was able to stay far, far Inside 'till T time.

#1044 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

(Yesterday...once again it's far too early to have done more than consume caffeine!)

So yesterday I went to this huge event full of pretty, shiny things...and I bought three items that were nowhere on my "Need" list:  A massive mug and two little wall art plaques.

#1045 mariella47

mariella47
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

I treated myself with buying a gorgeous purse. Lol, as if I didn't have enough, but who cares!!!

#1046 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

It's been a good day today...

Had silly-time with the kids I take care of

Started transforming a pillowcase into a baby dress...yeah!

Did not do a single bit of homework

Unpacked all my thrift store treasures from the freezer, went through them and washed them all. 

#1047 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Today I slept as late as the body would let me.

#1048 josiel

josiel
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:21 AM

Today I slept as late as the body would let me.

That sounds great, Copper!

Josie

#1049 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

I ate junk food left over from an activity at work...1% nutritious, but not the kind of thing I can easily ignore.

The reason this is something I did 'for' myself and not TO myself...

-I planned ahead and chose a junk food I knew I could handle

-I ate a small portion while also preparing a real meal, so that I would not be eating out of hunger/being too lazy to cook something decent

#1050 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,864 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

hung out with my family