Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1086 replies to this topic

#1021 tangles

tangles
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

found a paint colour fot my kitchen...I'n so excited about it

:yahoo:  :yahoo:

Thanks, Found.  I went out and bought some of it today and slapped a bit of it on the wall.  Looks good :)

#1022 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

Went to the stables, and got to spend an hour or so chatting with people who don't judge me, and who accept me for who I am, health issues and all. I truly am blessed to have such good, and old friends in my life. :hug:

#1023 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

Stubbornness is a much maligned quality.

• 4,488 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Today I remembered to bring a soda with me so I'd have something caffeinated and sweet for when my energy tanks after art T.  And I drank the darn thing!

#1024 Field8

Field8
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

slept

Lucky Ducky Found :)

#1025 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

I ate free cookies in abundance

I requested an Everlast CD for my car, from the library

I didn't make myself do homework after a 13 hour workday

I grazed on my employer's food all day (this is not where the cookies came from btw.)

#1026 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Went and signed one of the beams they are going to use, in the new domestic violence shelter. Just so happened, that two of my previous group members (from a group we all went to for five years and was disbanded a couple years ago), pulled up for the same reason, at the same time. So we went to a local food establishment, and caught up with each other.

#1027 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

Smiled a lot. 

#1028 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

• 46,598 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:55 AM

Went and signed one of the beams they are going to use, in the new domestic violence shelter. Just so happened, that two of my previous group members (from a group we all went to for five years and was disbanded a couple years ago), pulled up for the same reason, at the same time. So we went to a local food establishment, and caught up with each other.

I ate free cookies in abundance

I requested an Everlast CD for my car, from the library

I didn't make myself do homework after a 13 hour workday

I grazed on my employer's food all day (this is not where the cookies came from btw.)

Sounds like a good day. 

#1029 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

• 46,598 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:55 AM

slept

Lucky Ducky Found :)

:sleepy:  :yahoo: It was much needed")

#1030 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

Lovely when things like that happen, especially when you were there for something so empowering and important  ... :)

#1031 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:24 AM

I'm going to allow myself to not be dragged down but other things, things outside my control. :)

#1032 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 4,488 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Smiled a lot. 

And reading that made me smile, too :)

#1033 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 4,488 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

I got a muffin at Dunkin Donuts.  And I pretended to read on the bus to avoid talking to people.  Just needed some space...

#1034 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

I took time to visit some great friends, and the weather couldn't have been better for spring. :)

#1035 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 4,488 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

I listened to the service from outside the sanctuary.  Just couldn't take the crowd.  But I was able to stay in the building!