Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1136 replies to this topic

#916 tangles

tangles
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

I stopped and bought a coffee before my doctor's appointment.

#917 josiel

josiel
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I'm going to do the same today!  Great idea, tangles!

#918 WillThrive

WillThrive

For all my healing thusfar To God be the glory

• 2,147 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

I did an extra 15 mins on my workout for a total of 2 3/4 hrs. I'm exhausted but I feel great. I hate January at the gym. All of the new years resolutioners were taking up all of the equipment. Its normally dead on Sat afternoon and it was packed. They all quit in three weeks anyway, but they are a pain for those three weeks.

#919 themoonismine

themoonismine

Moon

• 1,718 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Took a bike ride, bought a few items needed, didn't run away from someone who called me b/c I'm scared of intimacy, maybe i'm not the piece of s--- they told me i was. soldiering on through the bloody war, child soldier i am, age 41, lifts middle finger in a high salute someday i will run with those bloody wolves

#920 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,834 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

i hung out with my best friend, stephanie :-)

#921 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

Stubbornness is a much maligned quality.

• 5,657 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Today I sat and watched an embarrassingly addictive TV show and doodled.

#922 Alastriona

Alastriona
  • 495 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

I went to the doctor  and told her exactly  what I have been going through with all the medical stuff.   Even though I was coerced into doing it  I am glad that I took the risk and told her about the dizziness and the blood sugar  being high......

Even though I still do not  have a trust  with her  she is referring me to   a male  physician so I can complete the physical that I have been undergoing for the past  few years.  That in itself is a victory.

#923 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,834 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

I decided to not get out of bed

#924 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,657 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Today I put on my headset and immersed myself in good music until my heart didn't hurt so bad.

#925 EmptyInside

EmptyInside

Battling Onwards

• 205 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

I finally realised that there is no quick fix for me and though I loved the actual work.... I quit my job that was causing me a lot of stress and anxiety to spend a few months helping to renovate my parents house and do gardening jobs for my mum and to... be safe.

#926 josiel

josiel
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

I treated myself to Japanese food for lunch.  Had miso soup and an order of pork gyoza.  It was very good!

I just finished working, and will allow myself to "crash" for the rest of the day.  I will either watch tv shows I have taped over the past few days and haven't had a chance to watch yet, or watch a movie.

#927 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,834 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

played cards with a friend in attempts to distract my mind from what I am actually thinking

#928 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,657 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

I got my stuff together tonight, so all I have to do is grab my backpack and go in the morning.

#929 josiel

josiel
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Did grocery shopping

Edited by josiel, 20 January 2014 - 11:02 PM.

#930 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,834 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

hung out with my friends in the snow