Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1113 replies to this topic

#901 ViciousCirce

ViciousCirce
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

took the afternoon to myself to regain some sanity. Not sure it helped though....

#902 guessangelina

guessangelina
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

It is great to do something for yourself....yesterday- that is what I did for myself...I went back to the show with the Meetup group...yes, it was to the same theatre that I sat with the man so many times- the same man after nine years who finally abused me...but I still went to the place..i went with the group and had a wonderful time! Yes, I did this for myself, as well!

#903 tangles

tangles
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

I didn't feel up to going to a party so I allowed myself to stay home.

#904 IAmClaire

IAmClaire
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm going to take a nap, then go for a walk and do yoga before bed!

#905 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

Stubbornness is a much maligned quality.

• 5,272 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Today I watched a really silly game show on TV...may or may not have shouted a couple answers at the screen....

But it was nice to watch something fun and funny.

#906 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,788 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

celebrated my birthday! :)

#907 hockeygirl

hockeygirl
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

I gave myself permission to stay home tonight instead of going out for New Year.

Happy birthday Chelsea!

#908 Butterfly1994

Butterfly1994
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Had a nice and relaxing small-time new years eve.

#909 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Ate more food when I was still hungry. It's nice that I had enough and didn't have to ration.

#910 somerandomguy1985

somerandomguy1985
  • M. Member
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Made sweet potato muffins, ate chinese food, and played video games

#911 KelBel

KelBel
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

Talked me down off of the proverbial ledge...thanks everyone who helped me out this afternoon/evening...much appreciated!!!!

#912 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,272 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Normally I take the bus to and from Pdoc.  Today it was soooooo cold that when a receptionist offered to have the facility's Transportation people take me home, I accepted.  Quickly.  With unspeakable gratitude.

#913 WillThrive

WillThrive

For all my healing thusfar To God be the glory

• 2,010 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

I had a deep tissue massage and then worked out for just under three hours. It was a brutal workout. I am sore all over and it feels great.

#914 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,272 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Today I bought a massive can of hairspray to use as a fixative for when I work in chalk or charcoal.  It was a small expense, but felt good to buy something for my art.

#915 josiel

josiel
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Did LOTS of self care.