Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#886 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

Stubbornness is a much maligned quality.

• 5,502 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Today I played with a new-ish story idea...developed the characters some, let the idea do what it wanted to.  If it survives another day of playing, the story may turn out to be worth writing.  Yay for new ideas!

#887 josiel

josiel
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

I slept, and slept, and slept...

and I'm still in pyjama at 1:30pm...taking it really easy!

#888 ViciousCirce

ViciousCirce
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

took today off from work to lounge and be alone with you guys :)

#889 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Plenty, for once :)

I went up to my summer job to drop off donations, which made me feel really great and I got to re-connect with some amazing young people

I went to the library and devoured the crafting section for almost a full hour, browsing through zillions of books

I then got online at the library and spent many minutes browsing crochet patterns online and ogling people's beautiful work

Now I am home and my heater is on and I'm making dinner and...thank heaven for paid time off!!

#890 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,810 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

played cards with some friends

#891 Butterfly1994

Butterfly1994
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

Last-minute-bought a christmastree and set it up.

#892 hockeygirl

hockeygirl
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

I am at my sister's house today, and I spent the morning snuggling with my nephew. :)

#893 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Once again, I have a few items for in here :)

Slept in

Wore enough clothing to be warm in the weather even though I probably looked silly to other people, I put my own health first (Americans have no weather sense, imho, anyway)

Got some items for my projects, and splurged on some great finds--a down coat in my size, a real down comforter, a pair of winter boots--altogether for about $10 but that's a lot of money to me

Made myself a Christmas present, it didn't turn out as planned but hey, it's the thought that counts

#894 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,502 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Today I sang my new song good and loud in the living room to take full advantage of its excellent acoustics.

And when I saw that one of my favorite Christmas specials was gonna be on TV I took the minute to stop and evaluate if I was up to watching it.  And after deciding I don't have the emotional energy to watch it, I feel just fine about turning the TV off and leaving it that way.

#895 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I hunkered down with my itsy bitsy crochet hook and blitzed out some doilies.

I put out my recycling bin (I'm hugely excited about my new recycle bin, what can I say, I'm a nerd)

I actually ate lunch, when normally I only eat once or twice on a day off. Maybe if I remember I'll eat dinner too...

I prepared my next round of donations for drop-off within the next couple of days

I did all of this without getting dressed--since my house clothes involve multiple layers, a hat and a winter coat, none of my neighbors were the wiser when I went outside with my bin

#896 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,502 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

Today I immersed myself in a good mystery.  And I started the process of clearing and gathering stuff I no long need or use.

Piles to repurpose, donate, and pitch....

What a blessing it is to have so much stuff that I can contemplate giving some of it away!

#897 josiel

josiel
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

I declined a dinner invitation with friends...(I am down with a %$@#  flu... :ill: )  (So, lots of self-care and pampering for me today!)

#898 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,810 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

spend time with family

#899 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,502 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Today I made a list of goals, things I'd like to accomplish in the next 12 months.  Not resolutions per se...just things that need to be done, and 2014 is the time to do them.

#900 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

Worked on some sewing projects