Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1188 replies to this topic

#871 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,864 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

hung out with friends

#872 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal.

• 6,169 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

I spent a good half hour belting out Christmas carols at the top of my lungs while I made a gift for Ladybug and Bee.  And I'm tall, so the top of my lungs means it was really loud LOL!!!

#873 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,864 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

decided to not do the housework and download my new autographed cd from a local singer instead

#874 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

I okayed a few little purchases to make some of the Inside crowd happy. 

And even though the furnace is working fine now, I moved the space heater back in here.  Toasty!

#875 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

edit-whoops, wrong forum 

Edited by uncountedstatistics, 21 December 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#876 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Today I forced my body to rest, even though I wanted to be moving.  But I knew how low my energy reserves were, and T tomorrow is gonna demand a lot.  So I stayed as still as possible, did my best to let my body recuperate from the demands I've put on it lately.

#877 hockeygirl

hockeygirl
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hired someone to shovel my snow :)

#878 josiel

josiel
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

I had a nutritious meal for lunch

Decorated my home with a few Christmas decorations

#879 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

I made my Trouble Twins happy by eating a (small) bag of gummi dinosaurs.  Happy Twins, happy Copper.

And I kept it light in art T...drawing a silly picture of Furball all tangled up in her yarn-ball.

#880 hockeygirl

hockeygirl
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

I went for dinner with my best friend and got to snuggle with her son, who soothes my soul.

#881 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,864 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

watched tv with a friend and just relaxed

#882 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Today I sat around and did a whole lot of nothing.  It felt kinda good!

#883 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

For the first time in a couple days, I have something for in here.

While wrapping gifts at work, I took the scraps too small to use for anything and made them into origami paper. For paper cranes.

It's a start....maybe after Christmas is over, I'll do something "for myself" that lasts longer than 15 minutes at work.

Edit: oh yeah, and those 15 minutes at work were the only work-breaks I've had since Tuesday, and I work a 9-hour day. 

Edited by uncountedstatistics, 20 December 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#884 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,169 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Today I ignored all rules of nutrition and healthy eating and stuffed myself silly on junk.

I am sure that my guts will make me regret this choice...but I enjoyed every bite!!!

#885 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Instead of cleaning my apartment, cooking, etc...I went around to thrift stores on my way home from work. I spend $10 mostly on stuff I just liked, and fantasized about what if I could just walk into a thrift store and buy things that I liked without stressing the price tag. I'm not usually all about the consumer cure, I'm usually pretty strict about buying only what I need and buying used/recycling whenever possible. But it was kind of a nice thing, anyway, to relax.