Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1158 replies to this topic

#856 guessangelina

guessangelina
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

I baby-sat  5 grandchildren while my daughter could go earn some money in her business. Being 63 and taking care of 5 children is certainly different than raising 8 children during my 20's- 30's and 40's. My health was better then- but I do not want to complain- I am just glad that I can help my daughter and her family in some small way! My exhusband came by...he is getting ready for major surgery...he wants to divide the last of our household items- which means he probably will sell our house. I feel sad...now I feel the pain that I am really losing the only  home I have ever loved or cared for...and dividing up the possessions- "one for you, one for me.." ...40 years of having to put up with his verbal abuse and now it is coming down to this- ending with nothing! and all because he could not treat me good...

#857 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal.

• 6,018 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

I watched an ice skating special on TV...turned up the volume and just enjoyed!

#858 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

I baby-sat  5 grandchildren while my daughter could go earn some money in her business. Being 63 and taking care of 5 children is certainly different than raising 8 children during my 20's- 30's and 40's. My health was better then- but I do not want to complain- I am just glad that I can help my daughter and her family in some small way! My exhusband came by...he is getting ready for major surgery...he wants to divide the last of our household items- which means he probably will sell our house. I feel sad...now I feel the pain that I am really losing the only  home I have ever loved or cared for...and dividing up the possessions- "one for you, one for me.." ...40 years of having to put up with his verbal abuse and now it is coming down to this- ending with nothing! and all because he could not treat me good...

((((hugs)))) if ok. I'm sorry you are losing your home like this.

#859 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

I drooled over wonderful and amazing things on Pinterest. I could spend hours on that website.

#860 ViciousCirce

ViciousCirce
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

I'm skipping out on my roommate's birthday party cause I really just need to be quiet right now.

Edited by ViciousCirce, 03 December 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#861 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

I made a canvas bag "draft" of the bags I hope to make for my homeless box. Measured some recycled shirts that I have and found three that are large enough, to make two bags each, also I found some fleece to line hats with. I'm pretty excited. This project has me galvanized right now, and every step towards the next level of completion is a huge deal for me.

#862 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,018 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Sounds amazing, Stats!

#863 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,018 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

Today I was really upset when I got to art T.  (Teacher later said the anger was thick enough to cut with a knife when she came in)

So I used that time, art T with Teacher to process what had me so upset.  I did NOT stuff the emotion, I did NOT downplay it.  I said exactly what I was feeling, not bothering to censor.  She has never seen me that mad, and it felt kind of good to let it loose in a place where I knew it couldn't hurt anyone or anything.  For maybe the first time with her (ever?  it's possible) I laid out every single emotional card I was holding.

I also asked for markers to start with, rather than oil pastels.  And when I drew, I did not self-censor like I often do.

And by the end of class, I was smiling and speaking clearly.  Victory!

#864 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,848 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

I actually allowed myself to eat guilt free even though it was still kind of healthy

#865 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,018 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Today I bought myself some birthday presents:  New gloves, a salt stone lamp (that I've been coveting for years) and two semi-precious gemstone pendants.  None of that stuff was on my "need" list...which is why I smile every time I look at any of it!

#866 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

2nd draft-done, with improvements to some of the seams. Plans for a third draft coming soon...

#867 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,848 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

I slept in and didn't do the housework like I usually would

#868 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,018 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

I got myself some chocolates.

#869 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,848 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

let myself relax for a change

#870 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,018 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

I turned off the radio with its endless loop of Christmas music and spent the whole afternoon and evening listening to random stuff that's on my hard drive.  It was so nice I may just let it play all night and forget the radio!