Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1113 replies to this topic

#796 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

Stubbornness is a much maligned quality.

• 5,249 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

I spent an hour with a lap full of cat.

BTW, a moving pen is a near-irresistible lure to a pounce-happy kitten.  In other news, we have GOT to trim that critter's claws!

#797 tangles

tangles
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I drank wine, ate pistachios and let the tears fall.

#798 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,249 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

I spent the day at my local botanical garden, had a lovely lunch, and did a couple great sketches!

#799 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Instead of cleaning my house this afternoon, or getting ahead on homework, or any other number of things I should be doing...

I did the bare minimum required to sustain a functional household (made cereal, did dishes) and then sat on my behind on my couch, posting on here and sewing on a non-essential project. I've been chillaxing since 4pm with no plans for significant further productivity.

#800 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,787 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

I choose to relax after finishing up todays housework and later im probably going to make myself a drink and chill with my husband...

#801 tangles

tangles
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I curled up under a cozy blanket on the couch and had a nap before dinner.

#802 ShylaRose

ShylaRose
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

I put in the nose stud I ordered as an early birthday gift to myself. Played with my new kitten. And got a green chile cheeseburger...and ate the whooooole thing.

#803 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,249 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

I stayed outside as much as possible.  It was a perfect October day, golden sun and the sky too blue to be real.  I splurged on Burger King, and bought myself 3 CDs from a music and games shop. 

It was a lovely day.

#804 tangles

tangles
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I am about to go to be early because I am beyond tired.  I can't wait to get under the covers.

#805 ViciousCirce

ViciousCirce
  • 438 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Let myself have an hour today to be sad and scared.

#806 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,787 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

I relaxed and watched my shows...

#807 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,249 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

A guy (who I've seen on the bus many times) boarded the bus I was on, shouting into his phone, clearly having a breaking-up level argument with his girlfriend.  He then sat directly behind me.

So why am I putting this in "What Did You Do For You Today"?  My reaction to said guy.

I got off the bus.  It didn't matter when I got home, and I figured it highly unlikely that he would somehow materialize on the next bus I caught. So I bailed, leaving him to stew in his negativity.   It was a long wait, but I bought a soda and enjoyed sitting in the sunshine.  It was, all things considered, a pleasant couple of hours.  MUCH nicer than spending the whole ride downtown listening to him yell and plead by turns!

So yeah.  I got off the bus waaaaaaaaaay before my stop, drank a soda, and enjoyed the sun.  Nice.  :)

#808 uncountedstatistics

uncountedstatistics
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

I called the human trafficking resource center 1 hour from here to try and find a doctor who can handle my health history/needs in a respectful manner.

#809 ShylaRose

ShylaRose
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

I got a microdermal piercing.

#810 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

• 4,787 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

drank and relaxed