Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

#676 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal.

• 5,976 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Today I took a friend out to lunch, tried out a new restaurant.  (This week was my turn, next week is hers!) The food was great, the service spectacular, and we had a grand old time.

#677 kay25

kay25
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

went lap swimming - i am so not an athlete or in shape, but i am finding that the water is very calming and helps me clear my head

#678 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

wrote 2 poems

#679 themoonismine

themoonismine

Moon

• 1,863 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

wrote a letter and will try and get a bit of exercise in heat but also rest with book i hope with a/c on

#680 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,976 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Today I cancelled Grey's class.  I was too exhausted to even understand the lesson plan I had prepared for her, dropping and reversing words constantly.  So I cancelled.  She was totally okay with it-- her first words to me this morning were "Are you okay?  You look tired..."

Grey is a blessing to me, and our classes are a blessing to both of us.  And next week I'll just have to work her twice as hard!  MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  *cough*  'scuse me...

#681 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Took a nap after therapy.

#682 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,976 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Spent a couple hours surfing the net, mentally planning a dream vacation.

#683 BelieveInPink

BelieveInPink
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

I recognized when the pain & nausea got to be too much with my migraine and, instead of trying to tough it out like I usually do, I let myself take my meds. Then I took a nap. Both were things I really needed to do for myself today.

#684 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,976 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

I realized that going to the day program today would probably result in me either screaming at someone or having an epic meltdown over something stupid and trivial.  So I stayed home!

#685 ShylaRose

ShylaRose
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

I bought some new clothes.

#686 silent no more

silent no more
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Went to therapy.

#687 twelve

twelve
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

Woke up and made a list of important things to do while my kids are with their dad for 19 days.  (I included some positive self care).

-twelve

#688 ShylaRose

ShylaRose
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

I cleaned my house. Now Im watching tv.

#689 Steph9118

Steph9118

The amazing

• 1,143 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

I managed to stay away from all of the things that stress me out, for a whole day, it's such a relief :) Just need to walk my lovely dog, then I've succeeded, a day just for me.

#690 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 5,976 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

I sat at the table and drew while my dinner was cooking.  And let said dinner sit a while so I could finish what I was working on!