Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1158 replies to this topic

#541 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

I had a long day at work followed by a 3 hour training course, so I treated myself to a chocolate bar on the way home :)

:up:  :up:

#542 ShylaRose

ShylaRose
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

I held my man this morning as we took our time waking up,and Im wearing a new nose stud-labret style with a purple gem. Two things I love,in one day...whoo!!!

#543 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal.

• 6,004 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

For once I didn't push myself to the breaking point in art T.  I worked, and I worked with Teacher...but artwise I just played with the (brand new, totally awesome) colored pencils I'd been given.

That's an accomplishment for a chronic over-achiever like me.

#544 strawberrycookie

strawberrycookie
  • 684 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Um.. I like this question, I find it difficult to answer sometimes. Today I wore my favourite cardigan. And made a comfort food dinner because I'm exhausted (pasta with lots of cheese)

#545 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,004 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Today I got a Subway sandwich for supper 'cause I had a late T appointment and knew I'd be too wiped to cook.  And a couple of cookies just because!  :P

#546 newme89

newme89
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Today I am going to write some of my story in my new blog and get it out of me... Also I am going to relax and just chill today. I can focus on my classwork tomorrow... I don't have to turn in any assignments until Wed, so I can take a day off, and rest my mind and body.

#547 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,004 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Today I got into my art teacher's box o'tricks to find stuff for my current collage...completely ignoring what was going on in the rest of the class.  Miss N trusts me to not do anything tooooooo out there, so long as I tell her what I take.  I wound up with acrylic paints, and in a couple of hours, a finished project :)

#548 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,848 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

i went out to dinner with my family

#549 ShylaRose

ShylaRose
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

I went out the a major city with my man and we spent alllll day there having fun.

#550 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,004 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Today I forced myself to rest.  Slept as late as I could, played mindless games online...didn't let myself do any work at all.  It was hard!

#551 flea

flea

Never trust a happy song.

• 2,528 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Banana cream pie && indie singers/songwriters station on pandora :) I also let myself see the beauty in the things around me and refused to let myself be cynical about a single thing :) :) :)

#552 ShylaRose

ShylaRose
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

I managed to look myself in the eye in the mirror today. I know how small that sounds but its a huge step for me. Ive got brown eyes and I totally forgot Ive got a slightly darker rim around the edges.

#553 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,004 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

I managed to look myself in the eye in the mirror today. I know how small that sounds but its a huge step for me. Ive got brown eyes and I totally forgot Ive got a slightly darker rim around the edges.

Good for you, Shyla!  I'm not good at looking myself in the eyes, so I can see how that's a big deal.  Good for you!

#554 CopperPhoenix

CopperPhoenix

• 6,004 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I played games all day and didn't let myself do any real work. 

#555 sunshyne

sunshyne
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

I stayed in bed this morning

I got dressed instead of lounging around in jammies

i called in and listened to my church instead of forcing myself to get up and be presentable to other people

i took naps

I went to a craniosacral therapy appointment

i ate cookies