Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Please log in to reply
1158 replies to this topic

#16 Maddy

Maddy

My Brother, My Hero, My Angel

• 3,410 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:24 PM

I dunno, going to work right now is really fun for me. I know it's not really 'me' time but it's a lot of fun. I had a great time and I joked around with a bunch of people. I'm meeting a lot of new people and making a lot of friends. After work I got online and I'm playing with my cat. She's adorable. And I spent a little bit of time on the phone. I've had a great day and I can't wait until tomorrow because I'm flying solo, though I am a little bit nervous. But I can't wait. smile.gif

#17 SnowDragon24

SnowDragon24

Insanity Run Amuck

• 575 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:16 AM

The past two days I've gone swimming.

#18 abbenormal

abbenormal

I can't stop changing all the time

• 478 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:30 AM

Today:

I worked on learning some songs because I want to be in the pit orchestra for an upcoming production of "Hair."

I learned a song that I may or may not perform. I'm sitting in the backup band for a musician friend & she has a tendency to call me out of the blue to do a song. So just in case.......I won't be caught off guard this time.

I made amends with somebody I treated very badly & we got a lot of things out on the table instead of letting them build a barrier between us.

I decided to go back into therapy to deal w/some lingering grief issues regarding my dad's death.

As I look at this list, I realize my day wasn't as crappy as I'd thought. smile.gif

peace,
~abbey

#19 drowning000

drowning000

carpe diem

• 3,164 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:04 AM

i went shopping, what else do i need to say really!!!

racheal hug.gif

#20 Saz

Saz
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:22 PM

I did some drawing .. and now I am going to get an early night dance.gif 1st in aaaaaaaages. Yes ... its 1.30 am here but that's great for me smile.gif

I need sleeeep. And I went to a funfair today too smile.gif

Saz x

P.S. TOMORROW --> I'm going to tidy my room up a little and set up my new printer/scanner and show you some of the drawings I did for the 1st time in the creativity forum.

#21 SnowDragon24

SnowDragon24

Insanity Run Amuck

• 575 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:56 PM

Today, Shelly and I went out swimming, had dinner and saw the Dukes of Hazzard.

#22 tealight rookie

tealight rookie

Feel

• 2,438 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:40 AM

Oh, I've been doing lots of yummy things for myself recently. My therapist is on holiday, and so I decided to give myself a break from all things therapy related.

So, I've had my hair cut, I've been holiday shopping and spent a fortune (new jeans, skirts, tops tankini, underwear, flip flops, and a wicked pair of fly-eye Ray Bans), and today I'm getting a massage smile.gif

I've also been good to myself by practicing my yoga regularly, cutting out bad sugars & eating more fruit.

Best of all though - on Saturday Kate and I are off for ten days camping in France! Whee! dance.gif

hug.gif Ruthie

#23 SnowDragon24

SnowDragon24

Insanity Run Amuck

• 575 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:12 PM

Attended the NY Giants NFL training camp with Shelly.

#24 Maddy

Maddy

My Brother, My Hero, My Angel

• 3,410 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:29 PM

soaked in a loooong bubble bath(we got more bubbles) after we gotthe restraining order on my dad. I must've been in there for like an hour but it was awesome...I needed to relax. And I have tomorrow and Friday off work! YAY! going to sleep, sleep, more sleep, and read a book I got a week ago and haven't been able to read it.

#25 takingmylifeback

takingmylifeback

Mystical Dreamer ~ I will Survive someday!

• 175 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:41 AM

Attended the NY Giants training camp and didn't let seeing my step-brother this morning destroy the day!!

shelly insane.gif

Edited by takingmylifeback, 18 August 2005 - 12:44 AM.

#26 Peacegirl

Peacegirl

Searching Soul

• 3,960 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:00 AM

I bought a new book about women in American history smile.gif I've started reading it and I love it!

Lindsay

#27 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:28 AM

got my hair done! :pretty:

charlene

#28 dark_angel

dark_angel

...What to write...

• 116 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:54 AM

I played a few jaokes on my friends and we joked and mucked around a bit! that always puts a smile to my face smile.gif

#29 takingmylifeback

takingmylifeback

Mystical Dreamer ~ I will Survive someday!

• 175 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:32 AM

I am going to pick up the rest of our wedding favors from the shop today....They were special ordered and I got them really cheap and they are so cute. When I get my camera I will take a pic and post it!

shelly insane.gif

#30 jessica_rose

jessica_rose
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:20 PM

what an inspiring topic. smile.gif

i made extra time this morning for myself to sit down and read for twenty minutes before coming in to work.

last night, i went to my favorite yoga class.

xoxo