Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Member Notation Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 riverbird

riverbird
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

I'm not sure how to word this but it's just something I'm curious about. On the "group" place under somebody's name...where it says male or moderator or contributing member or whatever. Is there a "priority" to how these are listed? For example, if a male member (m. member) contributes, does their "status" change to contributing member, m. contributing member, or stay as m. member? Same question if someone contributes and is also a mod or something like that.

Just wondering...I get confused easy! blush.gif

Thanks!

#2 sunshinee

sunshinee
  • Newbie Support Team
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

All questions are welcome:)

If a member is moderator, admin, newbie support team, it will list that under group. Even if they are contributing member - those titles I mentioned will appear.

If you're a contributing member and not part of the forum staff then it will say you are a "contributing member" there and to check gender- just visit their profile.

After that it will say member (m. member etc), secondary survivor, or researcher.

Hope that answers your question.

Mandy

Edited by sunshinee, 21 May 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#3 Becky

Becky

There is Hope

• Contributing Member
  • 9,929 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

Thanks, Mandy flowers.gif