Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I'm scared

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cervantes

cervantes

ATLAS

• 503 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:15 PM

Firstly, I'm a 27 yr male, noticing it appears most of the members here are women, I'm expecting you all to hate me right off the bat! But regardless, it's a sense of relief after all these years of feeling alone to see so many other survivors actively supporting others. So, I'm currently "testing the waters".

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,339 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:27 PM

welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here but I hope you'll stay and grow to love this place as much as I do.

I understand your fears, yes majority of members are women....but please know that you are wanted and welcomed here. Many of us have going through discrimination because of our gender and the last thing we want to do is discriminate again.

No one should go through this alone, we are for you so please feel free to lean on us for support smile.gif

Hugs,
Verena

#3 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• 7,067 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:34 PM

Welcome, cervantes. Most of us are women, but if you look through the posts, there is another male here as well who actually had the same concerns. I can only speak for myself, but I do not hate all men. Not all men hurt people, and the same can be said for women.

Pain knows no gender. I am sorry you were hurt. We do support each other here, and you are welcome to join us.

Take gentle care.
~Kelly

#4 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:40 PM

Hi there! Welcome to After Silence! Like Vera said so well, you are very wanted and welcomed here. This is a very safe place to come for support. I have not come across a single person here that hates someone right off the bat, so don't be scared. We welcome anyone that is in need of support and a shoulder to lean on. You are not alone here. If you get looking around you will see that there are other guys that post here from time to time. Just take some time to look around and get comfortable. You will soon see that this is a wonderful, safe place to be. Take care of yourself.
Tracy:)

#5 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 02:33 AM

hi! Welcome to After Silence! I totally agree with everyone! Pain knows no bounderies. We are here for you. We want to support you. Please feel free to post. We are in this together! All the best! Hope you hear from you!
love clarissa

#6 Alysure

Alysure

Specialized Catastrophe

• 950 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 03:59 AM

many of us are women but that doesn't change anything, i don't hate men automatically or anything. we're all supportive and caring here so you don't have to worry about that.

we'll offer support to anyone, male or female :) welcome!

#7 BalueMana

BalueMana

Out of the Mist

• 786 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 10:10 AM

Originally posted by cervantes
I'm expecting you all to hate me right off the bat!

Worry Not!! My Son is a Male - as are my brothers - and I love them alll dearly - I assure you - you are welcomed here with open arms.

If ever you catch me lumping all men in a bad light - call me on it - for I will owe you my deepest apologies..

#8 Guest_ami_*

Guest_ami_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2004 - 10:32 AM

(((((cervantes))))) if ok,

yes you are right, most of us here are women but i am with the rest of them, it makes no difference if you are male or female, the fact of the matter is that you have been hurt and need our help, understanding and compassion and we are going to give it to you...

i admit i am a bit wary of men, and have been most of my life, but it is different here, we all come here for help and support and i believe that everyone is genderless here, simply a hurt person, needing support, i hope i made sense...

welcome to after silence honey, i look forward to getting to know you...

much love,
ami N kidz xxx

#9 Guest_Madonna_*

Guest_Madonna_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2004 - 12:19 PM

cervantes
Please don't think we feel that way. We are all here to listen and support each other. Please continue posting so we can help with your healing smile.gif

Madonna

#10 cervantes

cervantes

ATLAS

• 503 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 06:21 AM

I would just like to thank everyone who replied and made me feel welcome. I was sceptical at first if I would find similarities as there are few men here. But I was wrong. It's actually staggering to find out in fact how much in common I have w many of the members here. The idea of gender being an issue evaporates in the realization that we are not just male and female, we are survivors. At least for me anyway.

Thanks,
Tim