Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Chat Room

Just wondering why chat room is different again?

Found

Thanks Karen.

Already posted in the chat room forum about this under the 'problems' topic, but I will re-post this here since it seems appropriate. This is to the admin/moderators:

Ok. I have a problem with the chat.

The chat room has recently been changed, so that now we can no longer change the color of our texts/writing. If there are only 2 people in there this isn't such a big deal.

But with even just 4 people in there it makes it very difficult to keep up with who is saying what, it's harder to keep everyone's words separate. It takes twice as long to figure out who is saying what, and if you missed something that someone said because you were AFK then it's impossible to catch up by looking at the past messages because they all bleed into each other. And these are the basic problems with even just 4 people in chat. If you get up to 12, which I've seen plenty of times, then it just multiplies the problem, and makes it impossible to enjoy or use the chat efficiently. Especially when a lot of people are talking all at once.

Perhaps more importantly, the added difficulty makes me not even want to use the chat now. It seems like too much work. Which hurts the community at being able to support each other. It's also harder to tell if someone is getting ignored who needs attention. I can't tell you how many times I was able to see someone post something small like, "not feeling good", only to see the message disappear past the top of the screen because so many people were talking. When it's in a different color from everyone else's it's easier to spot, and then ask them what's up and get them to talk about what's bothering them. Now it's likely that if that happens, it will disappear, no one will spot it, and then they will feel unsupported and leave the chat/community, without getting the support/help/advice they need or end up just feel ignored/unworthy/unwanted/bad. And maybe there won't be a next time to help them, because they didn't get what they needed here, and they won't come back, thinking that they will always be ignored here.

I don't like this. Please can we have it go back to the way it was before? I don't understand why it was changed.

P.S. Not that important, but also we can no longer see if someone is typing. Why this might seem small. It is useful. There are times when everyone is holding their breath for one person to post something they need to share. If we can't see them typing, then how do we know when to offer support/encouragement, and when to just shut up and wait for them to post at their own pace? If we can't see them typing, and start pushing them to share/open up, while they are in the process of doing so, not only is that rude, but it could put them off. Like we are trying to force them when we are only trying to be supportive. I would also like this changed back to the way it was before. For the reasons I stated above.

Please consider changing it back. If not, then at least give me the good reasons as to why not, or why it was changed in the first place. The important thing is for all of us to be supportive of each other and help each other out through the hard times. I don't see how this change in the chat room helps our community with this goal.

Thanks for reading,

MiscTX

MiscTx,

This has happened before and they changed it back pretty quickly.

Just wanted to share so you wouldn't feel worried about it.

It just takes a lil time.

I do know exactly how you feel hun.

Found

This wasn't done on purpose. It may be a glitch in the board. From time to time, it switches back to the old chat. Although I understand it can be frustrating, please know it is being worked on. Thanks. :flowers:

I am so glad you are working on it!

thank you!

It is really hard for me to read - with all the colors the same.

so yeah for AS who takes good care of us - and is going to get us back our colors!

This wasn't done on purpose. It may be a glitch in the board. From time to time, it switches back to the old chat. Although I understand it can be frustrating, please know it is being worked on. Thanks. :flowers:

Thanks Kelly.

Oh awesome! YAY!

I do feel so much better. Thank you all. I was worried it was a permanent change. lol.

You're welcome.

No worries hun.

thank you!

also looking forward for our normal old chat to come back.

I wonder if it will get fixed. It never took this long before.

Unfortunatly our chat room is not free - it has to be paid for each month I believe - but I know that as soon as it can be restored it will be.

Thank you for your patience -

best wishes

karen

Thanks Karen. :flowers: