Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hello from another shy newbie

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brokenwingz_*

Guest_brokenwingz_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2004 - 09:40 PM

Hello. I am a wife/mother/childabuse survivor. I just found this site through another abuse survivors site. I am glad I found a safe place where I can share my past/present/future. I am very shy and leary of bearing my soul. So I will lurk for a while. sad.gif

#2 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:09 PM

(((brokenwingz)))
Welcome to After Silence. I am glad you found this place. I hope you find what you are looking for. I hope you find healing here as i have. Take your time, sweetie. I am so proud of you for coming here and posting. smile.gif WE will be here when you are ready, and no matter what, we will support you in any way we can. Keep "lurking" around. let me know if you ever need anything! Take care.
love clarissa

#3 Guest_brokenwingz_*

Guest_brokenwingz_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:54 AM

Thank you Clarissa. Trust is a very hard thing for me to do. sad.gif I hope I can grow to trust here.

#4 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 12:23 PM

that's very understandable, sweetie. trust takes time. =) So take as much time as you need. =)
love clarissa

#5 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 12:37 PM

Welcome to After Silence.

Trust is a big issue for many of us, we understand your feelings sweetie. Feel free to lurk around as much as you want and take all the time you need. We'll be here for you.

Hugs,
Verena

#6 Guest_brokenwingz_*

Guest_brokenwingz_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2004 - 03:44 PM

Thank you for giving me the time to open up. It's just that I've been burnt so many times before. I'm just taking it one day at a time. Thank you for your support.

Hugs,
Broken

#7 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 07:08 PM

Hi there and welcome to After Silence! Please feel free to roam around the rooms and make yourself comfortable. We're here for you, no need to feel pressured to post.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#8 Guest_WOLFPACMOMMA3_*

Guest_WOLFPACMOMMA3_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2004 - 08:43 PM

ITS PRETTY SAFE IN HERE HAVENMT HAD ANY PROBLEMS THE FEW MONTHS WEVE BENE POSTING IN HERE..WELCOME SHY NEWBIE...TEE:b:

#9 Rebel Grrl

Rebel Grrl

Headbanger Grrlie

• 327 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 09:18 PM

((((((((((((((brokenwingz)))))))))))))
Welcome to After Silence, sweetie! Take your time posting. Mustering up trust is hard when you've been abused.

#10 Guest_BUTTERFLYANGEL99_*

Guest_BUTTERFLYANGEL99_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:56 AM

Hi, I am new here, too.

Let me encourage you, this place is a wonderful place to start. This place is blessed with so many brave people willing to share & offer advice and uplifting words.

#11 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 10:25 AM

((((brokenwingz)))) Welcome to the group. Take your time, post only what you are comfortable with when and if you are ready to. This is a wonderful place for support, venting and sharing. I look forward in getting to know you smile.gif