Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Is It Possible To Go A Whole Day Without Thinking About It?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 sweetaslemons

sweetaslemons
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

i do think about it everyday, but it's more little flickers of it/him, rather than 24/7 like it was a couple years ago. what happened doesn't have control over me like it used to. the, for lack of better word, obsession is gone. i think it will be a while before i only think about it every once in a while, though.

#17 Chasm

Chasm

I will rise from the ashes.

• 360 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:35 AM

I think there has been a whole day where I did not think about being molested once. Perhaps not though. 533.gif I know that I do not think about it as often as I did and when I do it is easier to shove the thoughts away and deal with them later or to even deal with them right then.

#18 Alicenomore

Alicenomore
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:14 AM

I am not there yet, every day at some point it manages to rear it's ugly head, although it is a lot less than it was.

#19 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

I think it's possible.

I don't think about it every second of the day like I used to.

There is hope. 

Found

#20 StruggliNSilence14

StruggliNSilence14

*StruggliNSilence14*

• 107 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

How in the hell could I?????when its out of my control....always been outta my control. I have flashbacks and triggers during the day, only to be haunted at night with the nightmares..... for sooooooo long. So long tht i feel like giving up ....theres no hope for me, but i hope for all of you...*supporting and listening always* ~Sarah :butterfly:

#21 mariella47

mariella47
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

How in the hell could I?????when its out of my control....always been outta my control. I have flashbacks and triggers during the day, only to be haunted at night with the nightmares..... for sooooooo long. So long tht i feel like giving up ....theres no hope for me, but i hope for all of you...*supporting and listening always* ~Sarah :butterfly:

There's hope for you too!! this will pass, just try to accept the feelings, thats what healing is all about and that takes time and patience. I know its not easily done. All this crap is hard to accept, but it can be done believe me. Just make sure you take care of your needs and reach out whenever you can. Thinking of you and sending you supportive hugs. Pm me, if you want, I will listen.

#22 notbrokejustbent

notbrokejustbent
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

I haven't gone a single day in the past year without thinking about it. I thought it would be easier when I went to university, since I was going out of state and away from Him, but it almost got harder. At least at home I could curl up in my room and pretend it didn't happen; at school there were mandatory seminars about it, and fliers on the wall talking about support groups and what you can do if it happens to you, and I understand, those are important (especially on a college campus), but it still got me thinking about it when all I wanted was to walk to class without flinching whenever someone bumped into me from behind.

And now, with the anniversary coming up....it's almost impossible not to think about it.

#23 somerandomguy1985

somerandomguy1985
  • M. Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

I went through a phase where I had blocked out so much that I wouldn't allow myself to remember.  Aside from that, I do think about it probably most days but it doesn't consume me like it used to.

#24 SujuElf5

SujuElf5

Der Hölle Rache

• 358 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

I have a weird mind that either gets obsessed with something or doesn't care at all. For example if I'm practicing my instruments or doing schoolwork, I will either do it all at once in a very obsessive way or not do anything at all. When I read a book, if I don't read it in a few days, I will never end up finishing it.

The same goes for my r*pes. I will go days, maybe even months without thinking about it, but when I do think about it, its on my mind a lot. As I said, almost in an obsessive way. I also blocked out a lot of what happened, so when I do think about it, I don't actually think of the event in detail. I more so think of the concept of what happened and how I've had to cope.