Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The new girl...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LoKat

LoKat
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 01:34 AM

Hey all... my name is Laura, I'm 25, married, and currently living in California. At the present time, my husband is deployed overseas as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

I'm a survivor of 9 years now and finally started the much needed counseling about a month ago. It's been a long month as I've discovered many emotions that I had kept surpressed for so long. I have a long ways to go, but each step is one day closer to feeling whole again. With the love and support of my husband, I gained the courage to seek the help I should have gotten many years ago.

Anyway, I hope to get to know you all very soon.

• Guests

Posted 25 August 2003 - 03:31 AM

Laura,

hello and welcome to our group, I'm very happy you found your way here! smile.gif

I'm a survivor of 2 years now. I still have a long way ahead of me but I've also found fellow travellers who are walking the same road. It's a long road but we can walk it together.

Wishing your husband a safe and speedy return home.

(((hugs)))
Verena

#3 Catherine

Catherine

Clarity Seeker

• 731 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 04:03 AM

(((( Laura ))))

Welcome to our group, smile.gif

Love
Catherine

#4 Cat

Cat

cat

• 78 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 04:22 PM

Laura,

I'm so glad you have found this forum!!

Here for you always,

Cat xx

#5 Guest_Jolane48_*

Guest_Jolane48_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2003 - 06:08 PM

Hi Laura-I am struggling too-as well as the others here-we are glad to have you-maybe we can help each other find the peace we are looking for. Jo

#6 LoKat

LoKat
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 02:44 AM

Thank you for the warm and caring welcomes. I do so greatly appreciate it. I hope I'll get a chance to get to know you all. And if anyone ever needs someone to lend an ear... I'm always available... free of charge. ;) *hugs*