Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

New in town!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_teddybear_*

Guest_teddybear_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2004 - 01:06 PM

Hi - I just ran across this forum and I am always looking for new information and support. I hope to get to know you all soon. I am 54, have been dealing with the abuse issues for 10 yrs. I stil have that hole in my heart that I hope will someday be filled and I can go on with life and not be plagued by the past.

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 02:31 PM

Welcome to the group sweetie smile.gif

We can all use a little help and support, don't we? Please know that we are here for you, so feel free to lean on us!

I still have that hole in my heart too and just like you I hope will someday be filled with healing waves and joy.
Maybe we can get there together....

Hugs,
Verena

#3 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 04:52 PM

(((Teddybear))) WElcome to After Silence. I hope you find healing and support here as i do. *hugs* WE are here for you.
love clarissa

#4 Rebel Grrl

Rebel Grrl

Headbanger Grrlie

• 327 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:19 PM

(((((((((((((teddybear))))))))))))))
Welcome to After Silence. I hope you find the comfort and healing you need, here. smile.gif

#5 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:59 PM

((((Teddybear))))Welcome to the group. I hope you find it as warm and comforting as I do. You do not journey alone, we are here to walk with you, beside you smile.gif

#6 Guest_WOLFPACMOMMA3_*

Guest_WOLFPACMOMMA3_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2004 - 09:49 PM

SAFE HEALING HUGS FROM TEE AND ZOOCREW ANMD WELCOMES ALL NEWBIES HERE...:roll::b::sp:

#7 Guest_teddybear_*

Guest_teddybear_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:49 PM

Thank you everyone for the welcome.
I hope I can offer some support to others as we journey down the road that we didn't intend to take.

This is the most difficult thing I have ever done. I have been through many things, deaths of parents, 3 bros, and other close family/friends. I came within minutes of death myself in 1988. But nothing compares to the emotional pain/terror/confusion/flashbacks/panics etc. we experience in dealing with this.

But, we will all make it to the top!!

Take care everyone.